The Snake

The girl behind the computer screens saw everything. Everywhere. Wherever you went, she could track you. Where ever you hid, she could find you. Where ever you looked, she could see you. And she used this to her advantage. 

So when she saw Amai Okayaka skipping while she brought cookies to Taro Yamada, the girl knew that trouble was brewing. And she loved it. 

The other girl stalked into the secret room, her eyes ablaze. "Cookies? She brought him cookies?" 

"So how did you find out?" 

"Senpai was eating them on his way home from school, but half of them were missing! Senpai does not like cookies that much!"

"So what are you saying? Did he give them to someone else?"

"I don't know, i was too busy avoiding the police all day!" The girl fumed. 

"I think you need to act now." 

"Thank you! So, kill Amai?" 

"Yes, but in school."

"What? With the police around? No way!"

"There's an easy way to do this! Just take the rat poison that is in your bag and poison the first thing Amai makes. Everyone will think it was a mix-up of ingredients!"

"Wait, rat poison in my..." the girl held the bottle she had pulled from her bag in shock. "How did you-"

"No time for questions, darling, just go and do it!" 

"Ugh, fine, but if the police catch me-"

"Then you say you saw a rat and are going to catch it. You know what to do in these situations."

Conversation over. 

Mika walked into school that day in high spirits. Taro had seemed a lot better leaving school, the rumours about him seemed to have died down and she had caught up on her homework. Everything was great! 

As she was walking up to class, she bumped into a small girl. She had blueish-blackish hair and a dark face, with big, scared eyes, and she was clutching an old book in her shaking hands. She had a red armband tied around her sleeve. A club leader. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-" 

"Stay away from me."

"Wha-what?' 

The girl backed away from her. Mika noticed that she was holding a small bottle in her sleeveless gloves. "S-stay away from me, your aura..." and with that she ran away. 

Strange, thought Mika. She must be the leader of the occult club. What was her name again? Ola,  Ika, O-

"There you are!" Cried a familiar voice. Midori stormed up to her. "Come on, Ms Hanbusa made me come get you to make sure you aren't late." And she grabbed Mika by the hand and dragged her away. 

"Wait, but I'm supposed to meet Taro-"

"Hurry up, or I'll get Detention!" Cried Midori. 

Morning lessons went by very slowly that day, and Mika couldn't shake the feeling of dread in her stomach. She didn't know what it was, but she didn't like it. 

Eventually it was lunchtime and Mika was walking to the fountain to meet Taro when-

There was a scream.