lxiv: home

"Stop checking her out," My boyfriend's voice rings in my ear as he comes to stand in front of me.

I offer him a sheepish smile and a shrug, reaching over to grab the peanut butter jar. He shakes his head at me with an amused look on his face. I see him turn around to glance at the woman I was checking out before turning back to me with an arched brow.

"She's pretty." He states the obvious, sounding a little bitter and I snicker under my breath.

"She's gorgeous." I grin at him, aware that it'll annoy him. I like being able to do that because it's usually the other way around.

"Right." He rolls his eyes, going two steps faster in front of me. I drag the cart behind him, trying to catch up.

"But so are you." I call out behind him only to see him shake his head at me.

A laugh escapes me at his antics when I catch up to him. He offers me a sideway glance, "Is there anything else we need to get?"

"Yes. Your smile back." I respond and he scoffs, but then I see a smile making its way on his face. "There it is."

"Whatever." He brushes it off. "It doesn't bother me."

"Sure, it doesn't." I try to keep my amusement aside. He's lying straight through his teeth. "It's harmless, you know that, right?"

He lets out a sigh, taking a step back to fall in sync with me when we're about to move to another aisle. His arm comes to hang around my shoulder, pulling to his side as he places a quick kiss on my hair.

"I know." He gives me an honest look. "Don't worry, I have full confidence in my sex skills to know you wouldn't leave me."

An audible gasp leaves me as I swat at his shoulder, pulling away, "Jackass."

He laughs at my reaction, only to take my hand in his. I'm picking out a pack of condoms when he speaks up, "Can I ask you something out of pure curiosity?"

"Of course, always." I frown at him. "What is it?"

"How does this protection thing works between women?" He looks a little cautious while speaking. "You know, the condom scene?"

"Oh." I look down at our cart and then back at him. He looks curious and I'd normally tease him but something tells me he genuinely wants to know. "A lot of people use dental dams. Do you know what that is?"

"Yeah, like a latex sheet, right?" He responds and I nod, practically seeing the tables turning in his head. "Right. That makes sense."

I smile at him, "Anything else?"

"Is it weird if I ask questions about this? I mean, I know a lot about your life but we've never really talked about it like this." He sounds on the edge which is enough to make me scowl because he's right. We've never really discussed my sexuality.

"Do you feel like it's something which needs to discussed?"

"No, no, no!" His eyes widen when he looks at me. "I'm not questioning it, shit. No. You know what, forget it."

"Blake, what is it?" I stop walking, staring at his back. He pauses too, turning around to look at me.

"You once in a very light way told me that you prefer women, and I understand bisexuality isn't fifty-fifty shit. I understand all that, but I just want to know if that's something I ever need to worry about."

He seems nervous about this entire thing which makes me worry. I step closer to him, blinking up, "You don't ever have to worry about anything. I'm not leaving you, for any other person, regardless of their gender. You're kinda stuck with me."