College Life

******WARNING EXTREAM COURSE LANGUAGE AND GRAFIC SEXUAL CONTENT DO NOT READ UNDER AGE OF 17****** (Based on a true story/ my life right now)

College, when you hear the word you think parties, hooking up, illegal activities and drugs. To tell you the truth that is exactly what it is. From the short time that I have been here I’ve so far gotten into drugs, been drunk every weekend, and hooked up with 3 different guys. To tell you the truth I can’t remember the last day I was 100% sober. This is the story of my life in college and how it forever changed me. 

As we drove down the coast I could feel my eyes getting heavy from looking at the same scenery of trees. I was sat in the passengers seat, my mother driving quietly and my little brother playing on his DS. I was on my way to the College of Atlantic Arts. This school was in the middle of nowhere, the only reason its placed in a town like this is to keep it alive I’m pretty sure. I’m moving from a place of 100, 000 to a town of 3,500. I wasn’t looking forward to moving to a place like this, somewhere so small and secluded. It was an eight hour drive from where I lived, eight hours to long if you asked me. I didn’t want to move. I wanted to stay home with my family and friends, starting a new life somewhere I have never been is terrifying. Im staying in a residence and have to share a room with a girl that I have never met before. She only contacted me on Facebook last night and she seemed like the popular party girl. Yeah… The thing is that is exactly what I’m not. Sure I like to go out and have a good time but I’m more of an indoor girl. I would much rather stay in and watch a good movie and munch on some popcorn. Im pretty easy to get along with but I just pray that she isn’t some sort of nutcase. 

As the drive progressed and we became closer and closer to my destination i could feel my stomach tense and the butterflies have a field day. 

“Cassie I think we should have a little chat before we arrive,” my mom said as she kept her eyes fixed on the road.

Oh sweet Jesus this is going to be good… 

“Yeah what?” I asked.

“Ok well your going to College and there are going to be a lot of College guys that are probably going to pressure you into things-“ she started to say but i cut her off.

“Mom! We had this talk when I was 12, it scarred me remember, we don’t need to have it again,” I said as i covered my face up with my hands. 

“No, no… I know that you will be smart but your also not on any birth control so if you know have a drunken night and you made a mistake and need a backup plan. You know theres a thing called plan B that you can go to, but you know it doesn’t always work,” she said.

“Mom I know! I did health in school you really don’t need to do this with me,” I begged.

“Do you know what I’m going to do when we go and pick some stuff up for your room, I’m going to buy you condoms,” she said.

“MOM!” I yelled.

“What your probably going to have sex so I want you to be protected,” she said.

“I will get them if I need them,” I said as I slouched down in embarrassment. 

“Fine, you promise me you will get them,” she said.

“Yes mom,” I said quickly trying to end this horrible conversation.

I can’t believe that she is talking about this in front of my brother… I felt mortified.

“I just want you to be safe in every possible way,” she said.

“I know,” I said as I looked out the window.