⁰⁰: bow and arrow

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

      ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉        ⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒

      ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉
        ⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒⌒

"sooo...we're going hunting?!"

the eleven year old jumped in glee as her uncle told her a surprise.

"but is mom okay with it? she never lets me go out in the woods..."

her ears tickled her cheeks as they bent over her head.

she held on to them waiting for the older man's reply.

"I talked to her about it, she said it's okay as long as I'm there."

the white haired man said, making the little girl being filled with wonder.

"well, what are we hunting?!? I can't wait!"

"well, how about a rabbit?"

"yeah!"

the brunette walked ahead of her green-eyed uncle as they walked through the thick fogged forest.

the leaves and sticks crunched under they're covered claws as the older man held a rifle and the little girl, a bow and arrow.

her bright yellow eyes scanned the mysterious flush forest as the two were on the hunt for they're prey.

her tiny paws latched onto the bow as she awaited her target.

the uncle known as Snow stood behind her to look out for anything other than they're prey.

unlike the rest of the family, he had desired to lose his animal features and instincts but had kept his name.

he was barely allowed into the kingdom of Catalania for the newer king has something of the opposite of a soft spot for humans.

so Snow doesn't really visit his family often so this was a big surprise for the family.

a rustle in the bushes ahead of the little girl made her almost squeal.

almost.

she pulled out an arrow as her uncle watched ahead.

he watched her steady movements, ready to help her, as he gripped tighter on his rifle.

the brown creature hopped delicately out of the healthy flush foliage.

the brunette shot an arrow at it as soon as it quickly padded into another bush.

the rabbit made a silent squeak but it was enough for her to hear it.

"I caught it! I caught it!"

she yelled.

Snow smiled dearly.

"well, you should go get it before something else does!"

the yellow eyed kid nodded and put her bow down as she walked through the leaves to find that the rabbit wasn't there.

instead, she seen something that terrified her.

a fox.

but not just a normal fox.

it was huge. gigantic. something not like other foxes.

the beast was tearing the rabbit apart as it gave the little girl a side-eyed glare for the longest time.

"huh? —————, what's taking you so long?"

as he said this, the creature stopped it's movements immediately.

it dropped the torn up, bloody thing that used to be a rabbit.

it moved its side-eyed glance more toward the lynx girl.

it huffed more and more and more.

and it pounced.

it's movements were fast but she could already detect it's movements.

she moved out of the way slightly, only to be bitten on her right side of her face.

she screamed.

and she screamed.

and she screamed.

but nothing could stop it from digging it's giant canines into her face, tearing her eye.

the fresh gore piled onto the now bloody leaves.

the fox slowly and slowly pinned her to the ground, never removing it's eyes or jaw from her.

she should be dead right now. but she's not. why?

because he came forward.

the white haired man raised his rifle as he bared his mouth in an almost animal-like way.

he fired once but it did nothing. it just went right through the creature.

it growled and ripped it's now bloody fangs from the girl's face and it ran quickly toward the man.

he couldn't detect it.

he couldn't move fast enough, for the snarling beast latched it's jaw into his neck, and bit.

the fox pulled back as the lynx's green-eyed uncle fell to the ground.

his eyes glazed over completely.

he's dead.

he's dead.

he's dead.

he's dead.

the orange fur of the fox was covered in the metalic smell of blood as it's teeth was coated with her uncle's.

it was over.

or..

not?

before it could pounce on her again, it was shot down.

it fell.

and it died.

no blood dripped out.

no more snarls.

it dusted.

it was gone.

no more..

no more...

she cried and cried as she thought about him.

she stayed still in the forest, waiting for her savior to come out and say he was alive.

they came.

but they never said it.

they never said the words she wanted to hear.

"it's okay."

they said.

"your going to be okay."

but not him. not for her uncle for he was taken away by the depths of death.