Memories : Chapter 2

14 years old Wei Zhan was walking back to home after a boring school day. Plodding on the footpath, he was staring at the busy road beside him. Though he was the heir of Wei groups, he preferred walking to school alone without any bodyguards. No matter how many times Lee Huan had requested him to let him accompany the young master, the latter always denied politely, saying that he wanted to lead a life like common people, not like some son of CEO.

"Why everything is so boring?" Wei Zhan pouted, looking at the cars speeding along the road.

Suddenly his eyes fell on a small grey kitten in the middle of the road, trying to cross it. The kitten was jumping carefully, escaping from getting hit by the gigantic cars.

"Ai? Even the small kitten is so careful while crossing the road!" Zhan giggled as he watched the kitten. I think I should help it. What if some car hits the poor little creature?

Zhan stood staring at the traffic lights, waiting for for the red signal. No sooner had the red light appeared as the stop traffic signal, Zhan rushed to the kitten.

Kneeling beside the kitten, he lifted the adorable creature in his small hands. Giggling, he caressed its soft fur. "Awww...you are so cute. Why are you alone here? Where are your parents little one?" Zhan smiled as buried his small fingers in the kitten's fluffy fur. "If you are another, I will adopt you. Hm?"

Zhan was so absorbed in talking with the kitten that he didn't notice that the traffic signal changed to green. Suddenly a heavy honk of a car grabbed his attention. For a moment he was motionless. He couldn't understand what he should do. He felt like his cognition stopped for a while. Everything appeared in a slow-motion in his eyes. He could see the black car was speeding towards him, ready to crush him mercilessly.

Before he could scream, he felt someone pushed him aside, saving him. As a result of the impact of the force, Zhan's head hit a rock and the thick crimson liquid started to ooze out from his forehead.

Forcing his eyes to keep open, he saw a boy of almost his age was trying to stand up. It seemed like while saving Zhan, that boy injured his leg. Zhan tried to move but suddenly he felt his head became light weighted. He could feel everything was turning into black slowly. But at that moment, his eyes caught a peculiar mark, better say a tattoo of a flower on the wrist of the boy who saved him. As if he had recognized that unknown boy, he tried to sit up but abruptly the entire world seemed to be spinning for him and before he could lose his consciousness, a single word escaped from his lips.

"B-bestie~"

"Bestie!"

Zhan woke up with a shudder, sitting on his king-sized comfy bed. Drops of sweat settled on the soft skin of his forehead. Breathing heavily as if be had run a marathon, 21 years old Zhan turned his head aside only to find his pet grey cat was sleeping sounding, curling itself into a ball of fur.

Letting out a deep sigh, he extended his hand, aiming for his phone. Checking the time, he slumped into the bed again.

"Why do I have to wake everything at 3 am?" Zhan groaned in frustration. Since 7 years, he had problems in sleeping. He would always end up wake up in the middle of the night. No doctor in the world had a solution to cure this problem.

When 14 years old Zhan opened his eyes, he found himself laying on a white hospital bed with an unbearable pain on his forehead. Intending to search for his 'bestie', he was about to get up when his father stopped him.

Since that day, Zhan was accompanied by Lee Huan and bodyguards and he had to go to school by car. After that day he never saw his 'bestie' ever again.