Daddy's Lost Princess (Janoskians Short Story)

Hey hey!

So this may come across confusing but i have bold and put in italics (for phone, ipod and ipad users) the flash backs and the present is just normal :)

Hope you guys like it, i wasnt really sure what to write but i hope this satisfys you!

i present to you, 'Daddy's Lost Princess'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a Sunday afternoon on Yarralong Street, years and years ago when I was a little kid, and around three o'clock Uncle Jai picked me up from day-care, he was in a white shirt that had bright coloured paint splattered on it, he picked me up and pulled me into a tight hug whilst spinning me around. I've always felt safe in his arms.

"Hey princess, I've almost finished your surprise" he told me.

A surprise? I thought to myself, if only I still got that excited over 'surprises'.

I looked over Uncle Jai's shoulder towards the carpark and saw Mum sitting in the car, except she wasn't looking at me smiling like she usually did, she looked upset, almost like she was crying.

"Uncle Jai?" I questioned him.

"Yes Audrey."

"Why is Mummy crying?"

"Because, today Mummy and I are going to take you somewhere special," he spoke softly stroking my hair as we walked closer to the car.

When he said special i thought that we were going to the park, or Nonna's house.

He placed me in my car seat, chucking my bag over the other side of the seat then proceeded to buckle me in.

"Be carfeul! I drew a picture for Mummy!" I squealed.

"Sorry princess," he said softly and moved the bag so it was standing upright.

He still calls me princess, I've never known why, but never questioned it.

"Thank you baby girl," Mum said; Her voice sounded weak, like it was almost painful to speak.

Uncle Jai jumped in the driver's seat and turned on the engine, it roared to life then went almost silent. Most days we would laugh and talk all the way home but Uncle Jai turned on the radio letting songs fill the car. I sung along to the songs I knew, I heard Mum laugh once or twice at me.

We shortly arrived at a place I had never been to before, it was gloomy and lots of stones stuck out of the ground; Uncle Jai turned off the car and it was completely silent until Mum started crying again, gasping; Uncle Jai put a hand on her arm and gently rubbed up and down. I unbuckled myself and poked my head between the two chairs and saw that Uncle Jai was crying too.

They say silent tears are the most painful tears.

"Mummy, don't cry" I smiled at her wiping a tear that was rolling down her cheek, earning a small smile in return.

"We're going to take you to see Daddy and Uncle Luke today," she said jumping out of the car and grabbing me out of my car seat.

At this point in time, I thought I was going to see a man standing next to a tombstone smiling, and Mum was going to run up to him and hug him tightly, maybe even give him a kiss then he would pick me up and swing me around just like Uncle Jai did; And as for Uncle Luke, I imagined him to be smiling, holding out a little doll and to tell me how special it was and to always cherish it, but my thoughts were completely wrong.