Secrets Can be Painful

J-Hope's POV:

Mid-May 2019:

It's been nearly six months since Suga told Hei Ran that he was her brother. They've cleared the air and things aren't tense anymore. They were for the first few weeks. She was professional with him, but once it was time to split up for home or the hotel, she wouldn't talk to him much. I spent a lot of time trying to cheer him up with Kookie. Jimin and Tae spent a lot of time trying to make her see that the time since her parents and him had reconciled she hadn't been where he could easily find her so he had no idea where to look for her or what she looked like anymore. It took a while, but the four of us finally got through to the Min siblings that they couldn't change the past, but they had a second chance to be siblings. So she gave it to Suga.

Our tour had us in America at this point. Two weeks ago, we were in Los Angeles, where Jimin, Kookie, and Tae met Hei Ran almost exactly three years ago. She seemed happy to be back there and even introduced all of us to some of her university friends. Now the tour had us in New York, and we had an insane schedule to keep. Still, Hei Ran has done her best to keep her word, getting us as much downtime as she can, and because she speaks English as fluently as she speaks Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, French, and Spanish, she's been helping all of us with our English.

Kookie, Tae, and Jimin's English had all gotten a lot better since they'd met her, but we hadn't known understood why. Now we knew why their English is almost as good as Joonie's. So, Jin, Yoongi, and me are getting much better at the language while the others get even better. That took pressure off of Joonie because he doesn't have to do all the talking anymore. It's cute watching her work with Yoongi on his English, though. Their tempers are almost identical sometimes, so when he gets frustrated, so does she. Siblings.

"Come on, guys! You've got the first concert of the weekend tomorrow and we've got rehearsal today," Hei Ran said to us.

"Rehearsal isn't scheduled for more than an hour, Hei Ran," I said. "What's the rush?"

"Remember we agreed to let them open the merch store for today?" she asked. "The venue just sent me a picture of the line in the parking lot waiting for the store to open."

She held up the phone for us to see. There were a ton of ARMY waiting in line for the merch store.

"How are we going to get in there without being rushed, Hei Ran-ah?" Yoongi asked, sounding nervous.

"Relax, Oppa," she said to him before addressing the rest of us. "The majority of the fans waiting for the store are on one side of the venue and they're in a line that is roped off. The venue is going to open another entrance that isn't usually opened to bring us in, but we have to get there soon. If it's open long enough for any of the fans to realize that it's open, they're going to realize that's most likely where to look for us coming and going so this will be for nothing. Just throw on comfortable clothes and let's go. Bring anything you need for rehearsal in a bag."

She looked directly at Jimin.

"That goes directly for you, Jimin. You've got five minutes to get ready. No excuses. Go," she said to him.

"But," he started to argue.

"You're wasting your five minutes, Jimin," she said firmly, making him run off.

I gave her a hug.

"You're good for him on tour. He doesn't run as late as much anymore," I said to her.

"I know about how all of you occasionally 'Jimin.' I'm trying to make Jimin stop 'Jimin-ing,'" she said laughing. "Now, go get ready, Hobi. We need to go."