When Are We?

"Dad" I say in a weird room, I'm on a bed that is a few feet away from another bed.

"I'm right here Sarah" He says getting out of the bed noticing that the radio is playing a game from 1931. I see a scientist come in the room.

"Where am I" my dad says noticing were not in 1945. All of a sudden my dad grabs me and runs out of the room. Where are we? A bunch of guys try to stop us but my dad pushes them out of the way. He runs out with me in his arms to a bunch of bright lights.

"Dad I think we're not in 1945"

"I don't think so either honey" The kind of cops catch up to us and tell us where or when we are.

________________

"Wait so we're in 2011?" I say, so confused to the scientist

"Yes you guys are" the scientist says to dad and I

"Where is Uncle Bucky, where is Aunt Peggy"

"Uncle Bucky died before I saved you and Aunt Peggy is probably dead too" Dad says to me

"Oh I forgot were in the 21st century" my dad sends me away after that statement

"We can send her to school if you want Steve." The scientist says

"No, she doesn't know a lot about the last 70 years and it's too dangerous"

"Why" the scientist says

"She can fight as well as I can"

"Can I interview her myself and you can go with another scientist" the scientist says to my dad

"I prefer you don't"

"I have to"

"Fine" My dad walks out of the room and the scientist calls me to his desk

"Sarah when's you birthday?"

"November 11 1935" why is he asking me this

"So your ten years old and you can fight as well as your father"

"Well yes, I was taught by Aunt Peggy to protect myself since I was 5"

"I see. Do you know who your mother is"

"Well I don't know her. Daddy says Bucky made him go out with some women and 9 months later I was born. Daddy didn't know until I was dropped off at his doorstep with a note that said "she's all yours". Dad was 18 at the time, he was like a living stick, and didn't know what to do. I mean my grandmother had just died and he had a child he didn't know about in his care"

"Can you fight me" the scientist says

"What"

"Fight me"

"Ok but you might get hurt"

Ten minutes later the scientist is on the floor with a bloody lip and nose, knocked out I think. Told him. I go into the other room.

"Hey dad if your interview is done can you come in here, the scientist asked me to fight him and he's knocked out"

"Sarah!"

"What I told him he would get hurt. He started it" My dad and the other scientist come into the room to see this man get his ass kicked by a 10 year old kid.

"I think we should go now, is there a place we can stay near by" my dad says

"Here's an address to a gym near by" the other scientist gives a piece of paper to my father and we are off. About a hour later of trying to find our way around the new New York City were at the gym. We go in and dad starts to punch a punching bag while I practice cartwheels and flips. Dad broke I think 10 punching bags.