Chapter 1

I am small. Short. Petite if you like. I stare at myself in my full length mirror. I hold a purple dress to my chest, and then a blue one. My hair is long, it comes to my waist line in curly light brown waves. Freckles over crowd my face and my eyes are a dull green. Everyone always tells me I'm lucky to have green eyes because they are more rare than blue. I'm sick of hearing that, they're ugly and green. my skin is pale and nails are painted black. I cock my head to the side as I hold the purple dress up again. 

"Laney. It's almost time to leave. What are you doing?" My mom pokes her head into my room. I turn around to look at her and then throw the dresses on my bed. 

"Ugh! I can't decide!" I say throwing my arms down as the dresses hit my red comforter. My mom comes all the way in and softly latches the door behind her. She's a petite woman too. Her hair is brown and shoulder length and her eyes are brown like my sister and brother's. She has a gentle gaze and a soft touch. 

"Why are you deciding? The brides maids dresses are blue." My mom says picking up the dresses and examining them. I plop down on my bed. 

"Paetyn said I could pick to wear purple or blue." I tell her. 

"Ah, because you're the maid of honor I get it." My mom says laying down the purple dress. 

"More like the maid of tough decisions." I complain. She takes my hand and pulls me up off the bed to stand infront of the mirror. She holds the blue dress up to me.  

"Wear this one. Then your different and the same. The brides maid dresses have a tooling here," She pionts to the mid-section of teh dress and runs her fingers down the the hem. "But yours doesn't. It's more...Elegant. also your dress is strapless and the others have short sleeves. They're all the same shade of blue so you will be recognized but not... the centre of attention." My mom concludes by looking at me with a smile. I can't help but smile back. 

"Yeah, okay. Thanks Mom." I say taking the dress from her. She's already in a knee-length red dress her hair partiacally done. 

"You're welcome." She says as she leaves shutting the door behind her. I hold the blue dress up again. Okay, I think to myself taking a deep breath. My sister is getting married today. And I am the maid of honor. I take another breath before taking off my robe slipping into the sky blue dress. 

Paetyn Carr, soon to be Paetyn Dyer, is my older half sister. When my mom was in high school she dated this guy, Parker, and got pregnant with Paetyn, they never got married and broke up before Paetyn was one. Two years later she met my dad, Austin, and they got married and had my brother, me and my little sister. I look nothing like Paetyn, in fact, we are probably complete opposites. She's tall with a curvey type figure and she has long blonde hair, her eyes are brown and her face is long with a pointed chin. She's very pretty. 

I stare at my self in the blue dress. It makes me feel tiny. It's short, only coming down above my knees and a white belt around the middle makes me look a little tan. I laugh a little glad the ribbon doesn't match my skin before slipping into the small white heels I was given. I go to my vanity and grab a sparkley barette, when something out of the corner of my eye catches my attention. I spin around to see a perfect veiw of my door behind me. There's a boy, tall and thin, but muscular. With soft short dark brown hair and bazing blue eyes that feel like they stare into your soul. He stands with his hands in his slouchy sweatpant pockets, smiling at me. Liam. I jump and flip back around to face my door, but he's not there. I look back at the mirror. Gone. 

This has been happening alot latley. He's no longer just in my dreams. He's showing up outside on my street, in my room, even at my school. I'm not sure what's going on but it's freaking me out. Shuddering and a little shakey I pick up the barretteI dropped and walk out of my room and into my mom's. She's there, spraying her finished, freshly curled hair.