(49) 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺

A/N

Oh my God, I am so sorry this took so long to update! Things have been crazy at uni with rona and everything, it's just been a lot.

I hope you're all staying extra safe and looking after your friends and family in this hard time. If you're from the UK, you'll obviously know we're back in our THIRD national lockdown since the pandemic started. I know it's hard, and it's hard for everybody. But we all need to be here for each other in any way we possibly can. And if anyone needs to talk to somebody, there are places you can anonymously air your feelings. If you don't feel comfortable with that, my DMs are always open - that, or you can come and talk to me on my social media (in my bio). Take care of yourself, darlings.

Okay, that aside, I hope you enjoy this chapter! The next and final chapter will be published on Tuesday. Love you all.

C x

-

Roger

How do you begin to make it up to your best friend for sleeping with his girlfriend? The answer simple: you can't.

It's impossible to take away the feeling of distrust, betrayal and heartbreak that the two people he thought he could trust the most put him through. You'd think of all people, I'd be most concerned about how upset Emma was about it, but I wasn't. Bri was the victim in this scenario, and there wasn't much I, nor Maria, could do to make him forgive us.

In any other situation, I wouldn't care if everyone knew I cheated on Emma. I wouldn't care about who I slept with, or when, or how, or why. I would just do it and enjoy myself. That's just how I am. But, Maria... I never thought I would do that to her, to Brian.

October, 1972

Freddie emerged from downstairs, clapping his hands together. "Well, my loves, we can run over a few things while Brian calms down."

"Is he really that hung up over some bird?" I asked, laid out on the sofa, twirling a drumstick in my hand.

"Don't be a dick, Roger." John rolled his eyes, strumming some random hooks. "If he likes her, he likes her. He's clearly just worried he's making a mistake. I haven't known you guys for that long, but I can already tell that he's a sensitive person when it comes down to stuff like that, am I right?" He looked at me and Freddie, to which I just nodded. I had known Brian longer than them, and I knew he was sensitive. That I knew.

"He's very sensitive with girls. I remember when he had a thing for that bird in his physics class for the longest time." I chuckled. "So, what you're both saying," I started, pushing myself up into a seated position. "Is that our Brian... Actually has a thing for this Maria girl? Maria as in the girl who's best friend I'm shagging?"

Freddie rolled his eyes, falling back into a chair. "Oh my God, it's like you haven't even been present for the past few weeks. He is completely smitten with her, darling, this isn't a silly crush."

"I'm not smitten."

We all looked towards the stairs, where Brian had come back downstairs and listened to us from a distance.

"She's... just a really nice young woman. And I enjoy spending time with her. It's nothing..." He said softly, walking over to his guitar, putting it back around his neck.

"So you wouldn't mind if I had a crack at h—"

"Don't bother finishing that sentence, blondie." He glared at me.

"Oh, wait, you're serious?"

"Yes!" All three of them shouted at me, making me recoil back a little.