Commotion

"How long do we have to be here mommy."

"We'll be here for a little bit until we can find an apartment. Don't worry okay mommy will fix it."

Leticia began to undo the blankets and was getting ready for both of them to head to bed. Thankfully they didn't have to share a room thanks to the head maid Moe. Very few maids opted to live within the mansion grounds but of the few who did, they were allowed to dorm in a building a mile away from the mansion. The building looked quite similar to a small 1 family house but currently housed about 5 maids including the head maid.

"Maria. My love come here." Leticia layed in bed as she extended her arms out for Maria.

Maria had been playing with a small teddy bear her father had gifted her on her birthday. It was one of the few toys that she could bring with her. She wanted to continue playing but she listened and made her way to her mother.

"Mommy. I don't like this place. I'm the only little girl here and I'm always getting told to move." Maria explained as she hugged her mother tightly.

"My poor baby girl. It's only for a little bit more. You'll be starting school soon and you won't have to worry about feeling like that anymore." Leticia held onto her.

Life right now could be hard but she knew that all she needed was Maria to feel fulfilled.

Chicago ( 10 months later: June)

"Meeting's over. Thank you for everything. We'll keep talk about the new restaurants we're opening up in the next meeting." Felix quickly stood up as he shook the shareholders hands.

He lead the way to the door. Some stayed a bit to chat and catch up.

Felix made his way out the door and walked on par with his secretary into the hallway. He had been sworn in as the new head as well as the new CEO of the company. So far he was considered an amazing successor. The company growth had gone up by 20% something that made the elder Easton very proud of.

"What's next on the schedule." Felix spoke as he press the button of the elevator. He seemed tired as though he hadn't been sleeping very well. It was true that being the head of a company as well as the head of the Easton family was not easy but he managed well.

"We have a meeting with the Japanese faction. They are having issues with that family, according to the head, they are overstepping onto their territory." The secretary spoke.

Secretary J had been working with the family for many years and had been the older Easton's right hand man for many years. Although he was only a couple years older that Felix Easton jr, he had worked within the family for 20+ years. Taking after his grandfather who worked with the older Easton. He was allowed to step down once the older Easton retired but was asked by the previous head to stay by the new heads side. He knew every part of the history surrounding the Easton Family.

"The Bruni family have quite a couple sticky fingers in that family. Every family and faction knows we have a couple of businesses with the Ota faction. Seems like that's their way of starting things up again. Is that everything for today?"

"That should be everything. Also Demetrius is leaving today for Saint John."

Felix remained silent. By all means he was not a neglecting father but he was kind with his son but he lacked time. He wanted what was best for the young Demetrius. Part of him knew that to built his character he couldn't dote on him like his father did. He believed in Demetrius as the next heir and so he created a schedule for him to encompass everything he needed for when he would be the next head.

"Good. Now shall we head the Japanese district. let's go pay a visit to the Ota faction."

Saint John (Same Day)