1 Year Ago

Puff was no longer the happy go lucky girl she was most of the time. She just pretended to be, with a bucket of boyfriends from eighth to tenth grade. It was the first day of Eleveth grade, Puff should've been at the bus stop, laughing at the idiotic jokes of her summer boyfriend, David Lucas. Who happened to be one of the hottest and coolest guys, he wasn't the sharpest guy but he wasn't terrible, no leader of the chess club but also not the stereotypical Football captain.

I mean Puff totally was out of his league though, totally gorgeous, she had brown hair that turned gold in the summer, and almost green eyes. Her hair was long and straight no matter how much she curled it. And she was smart, Puff loved math and science, she wanted to become a doctor and help others because that's who she was, the kindest girl you'd ever meet. So why wasn't she at the bus stop?

Well the bus was heading our way when she started walking this way, Hair was pulled into a messy bun with strands out. Puff had on some ripped denim jeans and a rock band hoodie that was way too big. And the girl still looked like a model, with her black ankle boots and studded sunglasses on her head. One thing was wrong though, her make up- streaky and running down her face, I noticed immediately and ran over, David Lucas barely noticed though, he was talking to his band on his phone.

"Puff!" I had been yelling "What happened!" and she just shook her head "Puff, c'mon! Please what happened?" and she tried to plaster on a smile but when I put my hands on her shoulders, she winced. I looked at her, saddened as I realized, Last night was the worst it's been since first day sixth grade. I dug around in my bag, and gave Puff and tissue and told her to go to my house, fix herself up and claim to have missed the bus or something. She only nodded and walked off, I waved and shouted "Later Puff!".

I didn't realize then, she walked in the wrong direction. I wish I had known that would be the last time I ever saw Puff..