Sir Adam Walker

Here's a brief recap for those confused, I'm from Alabama, my great grandparents choose to stay back and work for their masters even after they were granted their freedom, they had heard so much about what happened to the negros who left their masters in search of a better future and how ill-fated they were, stories of negros who were killed in Manhattan flooded the papers, they couldn't risk that, especially because my great-grandma was with child, she worked as a maid in the Walker house and was occasionally maltreated by Sir Walker, although my great grandparents loved each other they kept it secret and hid their affections, when my great-grandpa found that his lover was with child, he became furious, their plans of running away was now up in flames but more so at the master who denied ever going to bed with her at first. The masters wide was never really the smartest, she usually paid a blind eye to what happened in her house, mostly in fear of being beaten up by her husband, but weeks after the news broke out; she committed suicide, she couldn't bear the horrific reality that she couldn't bear children for her husband and worse, a Negro could.
The master grew to love his son, he was a stern young boy and the master saw himself in what his boy could be, years after Sir Adam's birth the master was killed in a bar fight leaving his entire wealth to his son, my great grandfather was relieved by this news, he no longer had to hide how he felt about his woman, being the masters right hand he had to take care of the master's house for the young boy and watched him grow into a fine young man, they never got married but had two more boys; Sir Anthony and Sir John and they all lived together in the main house as brothers.
Adams was the perfect young master and devoted his life to his people and his family, he worked so hard to give his workers a better life, he didn't have it as bad as the other negros, he was born of a white man, therefore, enjoyed certain privileges, his workers admired him and he was loved in the house but he knew outside it he was nothing but a mere Negro.
Great Grandpa fought so hard against the Jim Crow laws, he was a disgrace to his white ancestry but a king amongst his house, he abolished the laws within the house and helped to provide them a fair opportunity at life, The walker brothers were always so close, even after the death of my great-grandpa, they still lived in peace.