Xiao - Missing Info Pt. 2

*This is a continuation of Xiao -Missing Info Pt. 1. This is slightly longer than the previous chapters I've done before. I recommend finishing the Archon Quest: The Last Archon before reading this. Everything that happens in his chapter stays in this storyline. It does NOT connect with any other story, so please do not be confused.*

It's been a day since you received the news of Rex Lapis' passing. You've seen Master Zhongli and the mysterious traveller scurry around Liyue collecting different things for the Rite of Descension. The death of Rex Lapis affected you on a personal level. You'd remember he would speak to you when you had a very heated disagreement with some of the Shengxiao.

. . .

Flashback

"ARGH! They're so senseless! It's so stupid! They're nothing but useless, unlogical buffoons!" Your outburst scared away many resting birds nearby. You had just had an argument with a few members of the Shengxiao about the protection of Liyue. By the contract of Rex Lapis, the Shengxiao were chosen individuals who were sworn to protect the harbour in the absence of the Adepti and the Geo Archon himself. In a sense, they are the "servants" of Liyue. You huffy sat yourself down on the grassy hill, overlooking the peaceful harbour. A soft gust of wind blew your way, unknowingly, a large figure stood quietly beside you.

"You seem quite in a pickle, young lady." His voice was deep and soothing, but you had chosen to bury your face into your knees as you replied to him.

"I don't think you know anything, old man." Tears formed at the corner of your eyes as you thought about what to do. The current pressure was a lot to you. After all, you were only 13 at the time. Being the youngest Shengxiao, you were never treated with respect or as an equal. It frustrated you when no one would see the logic in your words. The man's chuckle rumbled through the mountains as he took a seat beside you.

"Everyone has flaws, little one. No one is perfect. Some may not listen to you, so turn to those who will." His voice sounds confident and unwavering as if he's done this before.

"No one will listen to me. I'm just a kid. Everyone thinks I'm inexperienced, thinks old man Huoxin made a mistake in choosing me. I should have never been a Shengxiao." You paused to look up at the harbour. "I am, after all, just an orphan." Your parents had died in a cruel accident regarding the Abyss Order a few years back. Since then, you had wandered the streets, learning combat from watching those around you.

"Then become more experienced. Prove those fools wrong." For the first time, you looked at the man beside you. He looked like a beggar, only wearing a brown hood with long brown hair tied in a ponytail.

"How do I do that?" Looking at him with doe eyes, stinging from tears, you turned to him.

"Find out on your own, kid. No one can give you the answers you seek, only hints along the journey." With that, the man got up and disappeared behind the hill. His words repeated in your mind. Using that, a new determination was found in your eyes as you set out to prove the Shengxiao wrong.

. . .

The first time you met Rex Lapis, you had thought he was just another beggar trying to be wise, looking for a way to steal from the helpless girl. You smiled as you recalled the determination you had felt when you told old man Huoxin you wanted to spend a year travelling to get stronger. It was hilarious when he had fretted over if you would be okay, or if another Shengxiao should accompany you.

Sighing, you left the comfort of your room. It's been a few years since then. Your travels lasted a lot longer than you intended and by the time you got back to Liyue, all the Shengxiao had been replaced and old man Huoxin was really an old man.