Chapter 1

Two months. It had been two awfully long months since Jack blackson had become prime minister. He started by changing small things, like restricting curtain peoples rights but it soon escalated. He has now managed to put the uk into a full dictatorship and anyone who isn't 'normal' is executed or enslaved. He's like a second Hitler. I am considered someone who isn't 'normal' as I am transgender and it won't be long until Jacks soldiers find me. 'Not normal' people are anyone who's trans, nonbinary, pansexual, basically anything that isnt gay, bi, straight or lesbian. I remember just a week or so ago when they appeared at my house and they brutally killed my family; I'm pretty sure they have gotten my boyfriend too. Now I am heading to Downing Street to try and negotiate with Jack, maybe he will spare me? Probably not.. well anything's better then staying out here.

What you probably don't know is that me and Jack used to be friends. When we were teenagers we used to go to school together and shared most of our classes. He wasn't the best guy I had ever met but I never realised he would grow up to become what he is now. I Would do anything to go back in time and try to keep contact with him to prevent this.. anyway that's the reason his soldiers are hunting me in particular. Honestly I think I might be near the top of his kill list. He knows I'm trans and he knows I'm alive and I don't know what lengths he's willing to go through to end me.

"Excuse me young man" The sound of an older man speaking snapped me into reality. "Do you know where the nearest petrol station is? my car is almost out" he gave a smile and a small nod towards his car that sat behind him. The man wore a dark grey polo shirt that tucked in to his black straight trousers; he also smelled a little like old musty pot noodles.

"No sorry sir" I said looking down into my lap. I always hated unnecessary interactions like these. They always made me feel awkward.

Letting out a sigh he responded "ah okay. What's a young man like you doing out here by yourself at this time of night anyway?" he questioned and seemed to glance around to see if there was anyone out here with me. "You could get hurt"

I glanced around too and was surprised at how dark it had gotten, I swear down it had been day less then twenty minutes ago, maybe I had been sitting on this bench for longer then I had thought.
"I dunno" I shrugged a little "I'll probably head home soon" continuing to look down at my lap, I tried my best not to make eye contact.

"Alright then, don't stay out too long" I knew the man could tell that I was getting increasingly uncomfortable, my posture was all tense and I nervously fiddled with my hands. It seemed as though he was about to turn around and leave but he just stood there. I quickly glanced up to see why he wasn't leaving and saw that he was just staring at my wrist.

"You haven't had the chip put in yet" he paused "you haven't been checked"
Panicked, I quickly pulled my hoodie sleeve over my wrist. I knew I should have stabbed myself a little there so it looked like I had a chip.
"Heh.. yeah" I chuckled a little nervously. "I have been checked, I'm a straight cis man, it's just I have a weird Allergy to the mettle that the chip is made from so I have to wait for a custom one" when I spoke I tried to sound as convincing as possible but I knew it wasn't working. Abruptly I stood up and began to walk away. "Im sorry I better go home now, good luck finding petrol" I called back as I walked, trying to leave as quick as possible.

I'm guessing the man gave up and left as he didn't try to follow me. It's illegal to not have a chip now and is punishable by death. They track everything you say and make sure you aren't trying to start a rebellion. For the rest of the night I continued to walk towards London, It wasn't that far now it should only take about 12 hours to get there. The whole time I was freezing. When I left my home I had no time to pack anything so I've been wearing the same clothes for over a week. A hoodie, a pair of black jogging bottoms and some Nike high top shoes. After hours of walking, the sun began to rise and I decided I should rest so found a shelter in a park to sleep under.