Chapter 2

Gore/death/murder warning!

9 days earlier

Sitting up in my bed, I was awoken by loud knocking coming from downstairs. I looked around at my surroundings of which were still unfamiliar to me. Recently I have had to sleep in my attic for safety reasons. I sat and waited any other noise. After a few seconds an even louder knock echoed through my house. It was followed by the clicking of someone opening the door. I heard muffled noises of people talking until it was replaced by what I assume was gunshots.

Panic surged through me as I imagined what was happening downstairs. I knew it was them. I knew they were looking for me. I knew this was my fault. All I could hear was shouting, screaming and ofcorse shooting. Burying my face into my pillow, I tried to disassociate myself but nothing could block out those awful noises. Slowly the screams started to stop. Each person's horrified shouts for help were quietened one by one. Finally there was silence.

Loud thumping foot steps trailed throughout the house, someone was checking each room. I stayed quiet and tried to move as little as possible. My only option was to play the waiting game.

Each minute felt like an hour. My heart thumped so hard I felt as if I was going to throw up. Finally a deep voice growled downstairs "he's not here." Someone then thumped out of the house and slammed the door. I didn't move. I stayed in that attic for what seemed like hours, only when I was completely sure it was safe did I come down.

After dropping the attic ladder onto the floor and climbing down it, I was not met with a pretty sight. The first thing I noticed was the countless bullet holes through the floor. Then my eyes landed onto the disaster in my brothers, toby's , room. His dead cold body lay lifeless on his bed. I moved closer to get a better look. Blood was splattered all up the walls and a large bullet wound was inbeaded into his skull. A puddle of crusted crimson coated his pillow and was matted in his hair. I felt numb.

I walked over into my sisters room. Her body laid sprawled out on the floor. She had multiple gun shot wounds scattered throughout his body. Her expression was tense, the fear still lingered in her eyes. I felt numb.

Then I slowly walked downstairs. Both my parents body's were by the door. My mums was mangled beyond belief, it was obvious she put up a fight. My dads had one wound straight through the front of his skull; he must have been the one that opened the door. I felt numb.

Walking over to my window I looked outside. They were still here. Panicking I sprinted out the back door and jumped the fence, I then ran until I couldn't no more. I gained a decent distance between me and the house until I finally stopped and gave myself time to think of what to do next. It was then that I decided that I was going to have to go and beg for my life.