CHAPTER 1 - JUST LIKE OLD DAYS

The GCPD is investigating Penguin on his recent behavior towards the city. They have no contact with batman, but one officer gets an idea. "We may not have batman, but we do have other options" says one of the GCPD officers. Aaron Cash who is taking over for Commissioner Gordan at this time is curious to know what one of his co-workers mean. "What do you have in mind?" he questioned. "We contact one of his partners for the job" says the GCPD officer. Aaron Cash gives him a concern look. "How do you expect to do that?" he replies. The GCPD officer smirks and says "The Bat Signal." Aaron Cash looks at him and chuckles, "You really think they are going to show up to that?" The GCPD wonders the same thing but still believes on calling them. "I'm not sure but we could leave it on for a while and see what happens. Aaron Cash thinks for a bit and agrees. "Well, I guess we have no other choice, I'll set up the light and hopefully one of them shows." The GCPD officer nods his head and Aaron Cash makes his way to the roof of the GCPD building.

Aaron Cash goes to the roof and turns on the lights and waits patiently. He drinks his coffee and looks over at the city while the bat signal is lit. A short time later, Aaron Cash looks at his watch "So, this is what it feels like to be commissioner Gordon, patiently waiting for the Batman....so boring," he says. Aaron Cash waits a little more and then hears a male's voice behind him. "You know Batman's not in Gotham, right?" said the male voice. Aaron Cash turns around and sees one of batman's partners standing in front of him. "Ah you must be Red Hood." Aaron Cash says confidently. "In the flesh and you must be captain hook." Red Hood teases. "Ha-ha funny, anyways listen we need your help," says Aaron Cash. "I figured." replies Red Hood. "Yeah, it's a penguin problem and." While Aaron Cash was going to explain to Red Hood about Penguin he gets interrupted by another male voice. "A penguin problem huh?" says the male voice. Nightwing then reveals himself from the darkness. "Well did it go missing?" Nightwing jokes. "More like this penguin is up to his tricks again." Aaron Cash replies. Nightwing smiles and approaches Aaron Cash to give him a handshake. "How you been Officer Cash?" Nightwing asked. "I been better" Aaron Cash replies. Nightwing then sees Red Hood and nods. "Red Hood." Red Hood looks at Nightwing with his arms crossed "Dickwing." Red Hood replies. Nightwing just narrows his eyes at Red Hood.

Nightwing then changes the subject back to penguin. "Soo, what is penguin up to this time?" Nightwing questioned. "We are having an investigation; he may be doing his illegal shipping once again." Aaron Cash tells them. "Where is this happening?" Nightwing asked. "We don't quite know yet, but we have been getting rumors about Bane taking a major involvement with the penguin." Aaron Cash replies. Nightwing and Red Hood think for a bit. "Wow some rumor that is." Red Hood says. Aaron Cash then takes out two file papers that he has been keeping on him. "He has also been putting a hit on certain people, don't know why but it could have been on loose ends or enemies." Aaron Cash adds. Nightwing looks concern. "Do you know who they are?" Nightwing questions. "We have these two on the list." Aaron Cash takes out two pictures of the ones that are being targeted and shows it to Nightwing and Red Hood. Nightiwng and Red Hood takes a look on the files. "Interesting" Nightwing said. "Seems something like I could handle." Red Hood adds. Aaron Cash chuckles, "I'm sure you can, but one of them is crazy. "We know." Nightwing smiles. Aaron Cash puts the files away. "Is that it?" Red Hood asked. "Yeah" Aaron Cash replies. Nightwing starts to look at the city view and back at Aaron Cash. "Well, we better get to it; we don't want the situation to get worse by the minute." Nightwing adds. Aaron Cash nods his head, "I agree, well thanks for stopping by, we do appreciate your help. "You're welcome." Nightwing nods. Nightwing and Red Hood leave the rooftop of GCPD and Aaron Cash looks at them while they leave, he goes to turns off the bat signal and goes back inside.

Nightwing and Red Hood hop on their motorcycles go deeper into the city. After a bit they hop off their motorcycles and start patrolling in the shadows. "One question, how is it that we, us two, are helping the GCPD out, like that's batman's job." Red Hood complains. Nightwing chuckles, "I guess we are the back up just in case Batman's not around." Red Hood slowly shakes his head, "This is not who I am, I don't help the GCPD" Nightwing looks at Red Hood and smirks, "might not be a bad idea to start a change." Red Hood gives Nightwing a serious look. "Are you kidding me? I don't got time to play with the boys in the blue, drink coffee or eat donuts." Nightwing opens his mouth, "What's wrong with coffee and donuts?" Red Hood raises his voice, "The point is, this doesn't define who I am." Nightwing looks at him. "And there goes your ego, besides this shouldn't be that bad right? It is just like the old days." Nightwing tells him. Red Hood teases, "by old days you mean when I was robin and you were.... nothing. Nightwing gives Red Hood a soft look with no smile. "I was still trying to figure out who was I at that time." Red Hood chuckles, "That's why, you were nothing, matter of fact you still are nothing, just the same old Dick Grayson." Nightwing looks at Red Hood with a straight face. "Aye like you said "just like the old days." Right?" Red Hood teases. Nightwing sighs and shakes his head, "Sure, we'll go that." The two former robins then go on to patrol the city and start the investigation on Penguin.