that's how it goes......

It was our SST period and I was scribbling everything written on the board *blindly*.

A voice came from behind probably of a conversation. “What are you going to take in 11th class” Parul asked Anushka, my batchmates.

Anushka said “I will take science and" she paused.

“I want to become a civil engineer’’ she added.

“What?” I said, turning back looking at her like an enemy! But this time the enemy was ‘her’.

I asked ‘’why?”

‘’That is what I wanna do’’ she replied.

‘’Hahaha’’ I laughed. "But the last time which was probably a month ago, I asked you then you said that you wanted to become a fashion designer. You sketch so well. And you are quite passionate about it. Then why did you suddenly change your dream?’’ I asked, ending in a serious tone.

“It was a just a childish dream. Becoming a fashion designer is too hard. It needs terrible struggle. But I really want to become a civil engineer.’’ She defended herself.

"It is truly ridiculous. You are very talented, you have passion for something else, and you want to do something else. You changed your destiny just because the path to it is not plain. I am sure that you are sacrificing your dream just because you want money. Isn’t it?" I said that in a very harsh tone.

"Nikhil frankly speaking I just want to leave this country and want to settle abroad. And being a civil engineer will make it easier. If you don’t have any bank balance then you have nothing” Anushka confessed. This shocked and surprised me.

“Why?” I asked her.

“I don’t like India. India has nothing. And Indians are dumb. In India people does not get enough opportunities to progress. What is the future of this country then? I don’t want to live in this kind of society anymore.”

“What the ****? You want to do engineering (IIT), get placed in any multinational company, settle in abroad, and earn dollars. And here is THE END of your life. What will you do for your country, for India? India is the best. I am damn sure that you are unaware of India’s progress, its treasure, its ability, its assets, its achievement and I guess everything. I accept that India has some problems, each and every country has, and the country which you will be living in next 10 years will also have some problems. BE THE CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN WORLD. Mahatma Gandhi has said it. We are the youth of this country, we are soldiers who will fight with the defects, problems, anti-social elements of this country, And WE ARE THE KEY WHO WILL OPEN THE DOOR OF THE BRIGHTEST INDIA. If India lacks anything, it is us. We-the youth. Brain drain is the problem. India needs people like you. Why are you not following your dreams? BE THE PROBLEM SOLVER AND NOT PROBLEM ESCAPER. I hope this will open our mind” and I ended.

“Nikhil you are overflowed with patriotism” she said.

*period overed*
It was my games period. I ran to playground faster than Ussain Bolt!!