Chapter 6

Olivia's POV

-

The message said "It's Elliot I think we might have to talk." I couldn't believe he really texted me and my first thought of course was how did he have my number" I didn't know what to say back, I didn't know how to move forward with this situation so I sat staring at my phone bewildered. Cassidy lifted his head to see me staring at my phone he said "Staring at a pic of me?" He laughed and I said "haha you wish." I was happy things were back to normal so I didn't want to bring up Elliot to him at all. He says "Alright who then?" I quickly came up with a lie "It's my mother she asked me to call asp I'm going to head up to the cribs. Cover for me?" He nodded his head yes and I went upstairs. I sat on one of the bunks staring at my phone wondering what to type. Suddenly my phone began to vibrate and he was calling me. I again panicked but after three rings I picked up the phone. His voice rang in my ears and I remembered all those long nights in high school when we'd fall asleep on the phone together.

"Olivia...hi." He spoke into the phone, after a deep breath I spoke "El-uh I mean Elliot hi." I grew more and more nervous with each breath. He said "I uh I was surprised you picked up the phone." I stood up and began pacing I said "Ha yea I um almost didn't but..." After a moment of silence he said "It's good to hear your voice." That sentence sent chills down my back and I fell in love all over. I cleared my throat trying to the nervous base in my voice then said "Really? It's nice to hear yours too." He lightly chuckled and I think I jumped the gun by asking "So why'd you call and text?" I regretted it instantly, I didn't want to make him feel like I didn't want to talk. He sighed over the phone and said "Well I mean I'm uh I'm back and we saw each other today. I figured I couldn't just leave it like that after what? Seven years. Yea I mean I had to reach you." He spoke so nonchalantly like this sorta wasn't serious to him. I said back with a bit of attitude "Yep seven years 3 months."

He spoke again "That's a long time." I paced the room trying to make this feel real. I replied "Yea along time. Things changed stuff has happened." He said "Did I say something just now that uh-" I cut him off and let anger consume me "Did you do something? Besides leaving for 7 years showing back up randomly with a nonchalant attitude acting like this isn't serious....oh no you've done nothing." He sighed loudly and said "I don't want to have this conversation on the phone. I called you because I want to see you. This isn't how envisioned us speaking to each other again. This is not I pictured hearing your voice again. We both have a lot to say that cannot be said over the phone." Envisioned? He thought about seeing me and hearing my voice. I spent a long time thinking I could never cross his mind. It was quiet until he said "I have to see you. Properly this time. We have a lot of catching up to do...if that's what you want." This was really happening, Elliot was really in the phone with me asking to see me. Saying he imagined seeing me.

I say quietly "Of course that's what I want." He said "I could take you for a stroll by river side at night and we could grab a bite after." I sighed "okay. What time?" He replied "7:00 p.m okay?" I said "yea should I meet you there or-" he said "I could pick you up at the precinct." Stopping in my tracks I say "how'd you know I work in a precinct?" He said "Does it matter?" I scoffed "yes a little bit." He says "Don told me after I asked about you. So pick you up there or somewhere else?" I didn't want Cassidy to see him so I say "It'll be best if I just me you there." He says "Are you sure I mean it's no pro-" cutting him off I say "No-No it's fine. I actually have to get back to work I've been up here a little while." He said "Okay um liv?" I said "yea?" He said softly "have a good day okay?" I smiled over the phone and said "okay thank you." He hung up the phone and I stood there star struck. I've only dreamt of hearing call me liv again and it happened. I pulled myself together and went back downstairs ignoring the stares.
—————————————————————
Elliots POV
-
Hearing liv speak on the phone ignited something in me. It's like it brought me right back to high school and I was hopelessly in love with her. She was angry but I wouldn't expect anything less. She thought I was being "nonchalant" but I was more nervous then I could express. I tried to act like I wasn't fazed as much as possible but when it comes to her I lose all my composure. I'm not trying to be in a relationship with her, I'm not trying to spark an old flame. I have a lot to say, a lot to tell her that I couldn't when I was just a stupid kid. I still love Olivia and nothing would change that. I left in hopes I'd forget her and forget how she hurt me but I'm 25 and sitting in the grass thinking about her so that didn't work. Nothing would work because I was in love with her. This wasn't me trying to get her back this was me trying to mend a relationship with who I thought was the love of my life.
————————————————————-
A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it took me so long to update school has kept me busy but i haven't forgotten about this story. I will update again between the next two days so just bear with me. Let me know how you like it so far in the comments. The next chapter will be the meet up so get ready!!! Vote comment share!!!!