𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

❝A fruitless love

A fruitless love

 A painful love

A one-sided love

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

CHAPTER✧TWO  -  CRUSH CULTURE

┊ ┊ ┊⋆。 ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ⋆。 ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊⋆。┊ ༊*·˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ‧₊ ༉ ┊ ˚✩ ┊ ๑՞.
┊ ₊˚.༄ ┊
✩₊. ੈ♡˳
✧.*ೃ༄ 

NARRATOR✧P.O.V

A hot day with the scorching sun dawning upon a village near a mountain in July one of the hottest months, and In that same month was when Watanabe Aimi was born. She displays a bright and cheery demeanor, always having a smile on her face regardless of her situation. However, this is shown very quickly to be a facade, shown in the way she was jealous of her sister, even good enough to mask It from Tanjiro's sharp sense of smell of her emotions.

"Tanjiro, I see you're selling some coal again at this hot of a day?" Aimi asked with a sweet smile, "Yep! The sun won't stop me from helping my family some wood," Tanjiro answered with a close-eyed smile. Tanjiro was always passionate about helping his family going up and down the mountain in summer, spring, autumn, or winter, selling coals and wood any season of the day. He doesn't mind just having something to eat with his family makes him feel contented with what they have. After his father passed away, he felt more responsible for taking care of the family as he was the oldest sibling, as he couldn't let his mother go up and down the mountain every day.

"You're so hardworking, Tanjiro-Kun," Aimi gleams with admiration, as she had always had admired Tanjiro for working hard to help his mother and siblings. He was quite known throughout the small village for having a sharp sense of smell also as a lot of people buy wood and coal from him. "Why don't you have some water? It must be hard going up and down the mountain, with such hot weather we are having," As Aimi invites him inside the house, "Thank you! Aimi-san," he says as he slips off his zōri sandals.

"I hope I'm not intruding," Tanjiro said as he smiles sheepishly, "Nonsense you and your mom and siblings have been her multiple times," Aimi chuckles at how polite the boy was being.

"Mother and Father aren't home currently," Aimi said as she sighs with a glum look, "Why is that?" Tanjiro asks as they walk through a hall and past many shōji doors, "They're visiting grandma, she has recently fallen ill and wanted mother by her side, so they are gone for a few days or so," Tanjiro gave her a glommed look as his bottom lip tugged down, "I'm sorry for asking," this said Aimi waving her hands around with dust of pink on her cheek at his putting face, she couldn't help but blush, "I-It's okay you didn't mean any harm," As she scolds her self for stuttering, she was gonna show how well mannered of a woman she was but the stuttering was not what she intended. It wasn't her fault, right? He pulled out that pouting face causing her to blush and babble incoherent words.

"Is Akako-chan home?" A question Aimi didn't want to hear but answered anyways with a smile, "She's watering the plant right now," Tanjiro hums as a reply, "Do you want anything else," Aimi asks as Tanjiro sits down on the tatami floor and looked around the room as he smelt a floral scent. As he walks through a haul, following the floral scent and soft humming. 

Her hum has happiness; there's something carefree about the notes as they fall into the windy air, like birds chirping in rhythm as If they are in a choir. And their stage is the flare-up trees around the area. The blowing wind brought their song along its way, echoes through the garden. The scent of the flowers comes as a perfectly choreographed ballet. The scent of flowers is the soul-food for aromatic sensibility, for it nurtures the part that is as heaven-sent as the floral blooms. 

As Tanjiro gets to the garden. It was breathtaking the flowers were a dancing rainbow as if light and music had found a new way to blossom together. 

The lake-side air was pungent with the fragrance of jasmine. This was no natural basin filled with meltwater, but the luxury addition to a formal garden by an earl with both copious leisure time and money. Tanjiro stepped closer to the edge and crouched down. From six feet up the surface was an opaque green, but from just two it was clear enough to see the plants and life below the surface. He had expected the highly colored Japanese Koi Carp and he wasn't disappointed, if anything he was impressed. They were huge and numerous, each about as long as his arm not like before. He gazed across the wind-ruffed surface to the lily pads in bloom, their white or magenta petals catching the breeze. He inhaled slowly. Peace. He felt peace within the garden. 

"Ah! Tanjiro, I didn't notice you were here," A  soft and mild gentle voice had said, as Tanjiro looks behind and now standing up from his crouching position, "Aimi-san had invited me," Akako hums a reply as she waters the flowers as the sunlight dawns upon her figure making her look fascinating, "I'm done watering Mothers flowers for now," Akako said as she walks up to the tree on her family's garden and sits down upon it, "Why don't you sit down you must be tired," Tanjiro did as asked as he sat down next to her.

Aimi had gone out to buy some snacks to eat with Tanjiro, but when she had gotten back he wasn't where he was sitting earlier his stuff was still there meaning he must be somewhere around the house. As she has gotten to the wooden engawa, she saw her older-sister and Tanjiro under a tree sitting down next to each other her head on his shoulder as he looked at her with a glint that can overshine the sun if you look into them for too long. 

Her lips quivered as she bits her bottom lip looking at her crush and sister as the sun shine's upon their figure. There she realized she was in unrequited love. As the boy she likes was into her sister. Jealousy turning into hate.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ [Taisho Secret] ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

┊Akako and Aimi's father was secretive about his past giving vague stories, also never mentioning his parents and not letting them visit them alive or six feet underground.

┊Hakuri the father of Akako and Aimi mentions a black-haired person with eyebags under their eyes in his story.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Sorry for not updating in a while and please be patient with me. This story will focus on the OC's past and her hardship before going to the bnha world. As she unravels her family secret.