Principal Ringtale

"Mrs. Aardpawz, that behavior was completely unnecessary! Principal's office NOW!!" said Mr. Fennekit.

"B-but I was just trying to protect my friend!" the aardwolf stuttered.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!!" the angry teacher snapped. "Principal's office RIGHT
NOW!"

Chipo was disappointed. All she was trying to do was to help her best friend.

She slowly walked towards the classroom door, and out she went.

A bunch of stray tears spilled over Imani's face.

She then heard a student laughing. Then another. Then another. Then another.

Eventually, the entire class was laughing at the bat eared fox.

"You better cry you filthy lesbian!!" said a striped hyena as he burst into intense laughter.

Imani began to cry loudly and ran out of the classroom, uncontrollably weeping.

"Missy, get back here NOW!!" Mr. Fennekit said, angry and upset.

Meanwhile, Chipo was explaining to Principal Ringtale about what happened.

The Principal was a ring tailed lemur, who had tons of pictures of herself on her wall.

After she was done, Chipo was expecting the Principal to snap at her, however something unexpected happened.

As she was sitting there, Chipo noticed some of the pictures had the Principal, and some lady.

"I could possibly get in trouble for telling you this so it cant leave this room, ok?" Principal Ringtale said.

"Yes."

"Ok...well....I'm actually married to a woman....." the Principal replied.

Chipo's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Well...I....um....well...I'm pretty sure I feel that way about my friend...."

"And there's nothing wrong with it, do you understand?" Principal Ringtale said.

"Well...I dont think-"

"And believe me, I'll be talking to each student that was saying something bad to you.

Go back to class now, and feel free to to come back," said Principal Ringtale, smiling.

"Thank you, principal!" Chipo said, getting up and slowly leaving the room.

After she left the room, Chipo could hear someone crying in the distance.

It was coming from inside Imani's locker.

The aardwolf was a little bit scared to open the locker, but she did it anyway.

But then, she froze.

Inside the locker was Imani sobbing her eyes out,met with hysterical hiccups.

"What happened bestie?!" Chipo yelped.

Imani wiped her tears away, and looked at her bff, her eyes dilated from crying.

*sniff* "Hi...."

"What happened? Tell me everything!" Chipo said, wrapping her soft arms around Imani's neck.

After Imani explained everything, Chipo was speechless.

The poor fox had been beaten up by a group of homophobic, heartless animals. Then, she was thrown to the floor.

And, to make things worse, nobody helped her.

Chipo was nearly in tears. She felt terrible for not being there for her best friend.

"Why does it have to be me?" Imani said quietly, burying her furry head into Chipo's chest.

"Please dont talk that way, bff!" Chipo said, trying desperately to cheer her up.

"You are not alone!"

The aardwolf suddenly felt arms around her waist. Imani was crying again, but this time, it was tears of joy.

"T-thank you..."