-17-

the next couple of weeks were uneventful. hyunjin and i's aunt and uncle moved into the house with us so we didn't have to pay for it all. i was currently stepping out of hyunjins car, which was parked outside of the school. we decided to keep what happened a secret since we didn't want people pitying us.

beomgyu's friends knew about our relationship because they had come to check on me one day, and that day happened to be the same day beomgyu and i were watching a movie together. well, we were more ignoring the movie and talking to each other. and they walked in on us talking... talking as in kissing.

they agreed to keep it a secret at school. it was hard to ignore each other at school but we somehow managed, sneaking into empty classrooms a few times just to talk to each other. today that was all going to change. i looked over to hyunjin and he sighed, "are you sure you want to do this? what if people go after him?".

i pouted, "i'll make sure they don't, besides, he's strong". my brother then wiggled his eyes at me, "how do you know he's strong? did you-". i immediately hit his shoulder harshly. "we've barely been together for a month! of course not.. yet". he burst into laughter and we finally walked through the school doors.

"good morning y/n, you look great today", i turned to the boy who spoke and smiled at him. "thank you, heeseung". he then tapped my shoulder, making me stop in my tracks and turn to him. "can i take you on a date?", now was my chance to do it. "i'm sorry but i can't, i have a boyfriend".

he was speechless along with all of the other students in the hallway. they all immediately began whispering to one another and i knew the news would spread fast. i quietly walked off with hyunjin and we went to our first class, which happened to be the class i had with beomgyu. and, today was the day we had to present our project to the class.

i happul walked into the classroom and took my seat next to beomgyu. he looked at me with a confused expression and before he got the chance to say anything, the bell rung and the rest of our classmates came rushing in. a few of them stared at me and of course i knew why.

the teacher called beomgyu and i up first to present our project. we went through it quite quickly and everyone clapped after we finished. our teacher then turned to the class, "does anyone have any questions?". many hands shot up and i had a feeling i knew what they were going to ask.

our teacher called on someone and they stood up to ask their question, which i thought was odd. "who's your boyfriend?", there it was. i could see beomgyu stiffen in the corner of my eye and i slightly smiled, "that's not important, just keep an eye out it's probably more obvious than you thought it was".

i then turned to our teacher and bowed before going back to my seat, beomgyu quietly following after me. the rest of the presentations were good and the bell song rung for lunch. i could see beomgyu quickly packing his things so i grabbed his wrist and held him back after everyone else had left.

"i'm ready", he tilted his head, "i'm ready to tell people that we're dating, i want to hold your hand and sit with you at lunch. it's hard to do that without people knowing". his confusion turned into a smile and he pulled me into a hug. "look at you becoming all brave".

i giggled and hit his chest as he pulled me into a sweet kiss. it only lasted a few seconds as we had to go to lunch. i took his hand into mine with a smile, "are you ready to go to lunch, boyfriend?". his smile matched the same energy as mine and we walked out of the classroom, swinging our linked hands together.

gasps was all you could hear the second we walked down the hallway and into the cafeteria. many stares of awe, some in jealousy, and some in sadness, there was a lot. i saw hyunjin already sitting with beomgyu's friends so he must have told them what i was gonna do. we ignored the stares and kept walking until we made it to the table.