Big engine bonding

(Loosely based on Lazy Day Snuggling from The_Alice_Killer)

It was just getting dark outside on a Saturday. It wasn't a very nice day at all. It had rained the entire day without a stop. It was one of those days where no one wants to do anything. The entire day was gloomy and dark. The streets were mainly empty. No one was doing much. The only people and engines really outside today were those who had to work.

The Steam Team were given a day off, but they were all in separate locations for the time being. Thomas and Percy were at the branch line sheds with Toby, Emily was staying at Wellsworth Sheds with Edward and Phillip, and Nia and Rebecca were at Brendam Docks. 

For some reason, Gordon had decided it was the perfect day to have a meeting. A big engine meeting. They were last in the subunit rankings out of the three from the Steam Team. Gordon found that to be completely unacceptable and had called Henry and James to discuss it. Henry currently had no interest in the meeting at all. Though he missed spending time with Gordon and James at Tidmouth Sheds, he wasn't in the mood for it. James, on the other hand, was more into it. Henry might be crazy at some points, but even then, they were, by far, the calmest, and most mature unit of the three.

"Are you even paying attention, Henry?" Gordon sighed as she looked over at where Henry was sitting. He was staring off into space.

Henry snapped back to reality, "Huh?"

"Have you heard even a single thing we've discussed?" Gordon wanted to roll his eyes at the response.

Henry gave nervous chuckled and smile as he shook his head, "Not really."

"Is there a problem? Even you aren't normally this distracted." Gordon eyed him up, a hint of concern in him eyes.

"No... there's no problem. I'm just not really feeling it today. I don't want to talk about this stuff right now." Henry replied honestly.

"And what would you rather do?" Gordon raised an eyebrow at him.

"Come on, Gordon. Can't we at least take a small break?" Henry pleaded.

"Fine. We can take a short break." Gordon agreed, knowing it would just result in an argument if he said otherwise. James was obviously for the break. Gordon was outnumbered.

...

"And then there was the time, I had to push Bear and 199 to Vicarstown!" Henry smiled.

Gordon and James were pleased, yet annoyed with Henry's story. Though they were proud with Henry's heroic attempt, they were getting quite annoyed with hearing the same story over and over again!

"Alright, smarty-wheels. How about the time, I had to push James up the hill."

"Hey, it wasn't my fault." Huffed James. "The rails there were slippery from the leaves and the mud!"

"Sure!" Henry chuckled.