Prologue

Is magic a curse or a gift? Can it help people or can it just cause damage? The answer is both. I remember the first time my so called gift or curse started to appear. It wasn't the best timing I can say that. My ex boyfriend and I were making out in the woods when all of a sudden he said he couldn't feel his arm anymore. I was confused at first but then when i flashed my phone light at his arm it was somehow burning. I didn't know what was happening but before I knew it, I had fire covering my arms but it wasn't burning me. So you can say my timing is great.
That was just me though, I'm what people call a wizard or a witch. I'm basically a person with an ability to use magic. This town isn't like most places. Humans don't know us creatures exist yet we can still coexist with them but it is as long as they don't find out. There are vampires, werewolves, zombies, sirens etc. Well zombies aren't what most people thought they would be like. They can talk like everyone else and do other things, they are just limited as to what they can eat and how to keep their bodies preserved. Its not to great being best friends with one sometimes. That's right, my best friend is a zombie; her name is Eliza Tacy. She seems normal to any other human, well extremely beautiful since she was once a model before she "died". Once you really get to know her you'll change your mind but still I love her like a sister. My name is Saphira Claire and I'm part of the supernatural.