Chapter 1

As you walked into the gates of Spikemuth for your seventh Gym Battle, you were shivering like crazy from how cold the water that you had to swim through was. Once you got there, the Gym Leader Piers was at the Pokemon center after his last battle. He had forgotten about the swimming through ice-cold water part, so when he saw you, he immediately had everyone get you a warm shower, a freshly washed towel, and a hot meal while your clothes got washed. You didn't understand his sudden kindness, because as far as you know, he's a huge jerk. Then again, that may just be a stereotype put onto him because he prefers to use Dark-type Pokemon. It then clicked on you, and you remembered that your best friend Marnie was his little sister, so you're almost like family to him. 

Piers: "Are you alright?! Jeez, they can't be doing that to bloody kids! It's fuckin cruel!"

(Y/N): "Yeah, Piers. I'm fine. Relax."

Piers: "Do you need a moment before you're ready to start the Gym Mission, or do you have the energy now?"

(Y/N): "I need, like, 5 minutes. That's all."

Piers: "I'll be waiting, (Y/N). Can't wait to see you on the battlefield."

(Y/N): "Wait, how do you know my name?!"

Piers: "You're all over the internet, not to mention you're one of my sister's best friends..."

(Y/N): "That makes sense. Well, see you in 5."