CHAPTER 02.

THE NEXT DAY...

I wake up with exhaustion surrounding me, heart still beating... still worrying for Nikolai, I know It was a shame for me to follow such dangerous noises but... It was worth it to know Nikolai's habitat now. but, It wasn't what I've expected from his "Family Problems"... I then head downstairs, I see my father & my mother sitting down in the living room without talking but just waiting for someone, or me...  My anxious self thought I was in trouble so I walked pass them hoping they'll not notice me, but my father spoke...

'Aria dear, come here please.'

My heart dropped when I heard him say my name, I then nervously walk to the living room.

Aria: "Y-Yes dad and mum?"

Mother: "sunshine, a boy went to our house last night... &, It seemed like he knows you."

Aria: "What? what boy?"

Mother: "His name is Nikolai, I've asked him. Do you know him by any chance?"

Aria: "Y-Y-Yes mum! I do... his a friend of mine I met yesterday evening."

Mother: "well, I've got some explaining to do. he went to our house covered with scars & painful-looking bruises on his hands, legs... & the corner of his face. I asked him if he were okay, he replied with, ma'am. I need help, my household is killing me. may I talk to your daughter?"

Aria: "What'd you say?"

Mother: "I said who he was, he said a friend. just making sure both of you aren't dating."

Aria: "e-erm... o-okay, where is he now?"

Mother: "in the porch."

Aria: "What the hell? what the fuck is he doing there in the cold morning?"

I say while rushing to the porch door, my mum tries to stop me but I insist aggressively. luckily, my dad goes upstairs not knowing what to do. I then see him sitting on the porch, I run up to him & hug him from behind.

"Nikolai!!! I miss you Nik!! what are you doing in the cold weather? come inside silly goose!"

Nikolai: 'o-o-oh! Hey, aria... s-sorry to disturb your sleep..'

Aria: "It's no problem, besides! my parents were respectful to you weren't they?"

Nikolai: 'mm.. y-yeah, your right.'

I see him fiddling with his fingers.

Aria: "Nik, why are you playing with your fingers?

He shivers, staying silent... I feel bad & grab his hands gently.

"It's alright to be anxious nik, but

"It's alright to be anxious nik, but... you can still do this, I believe in you! I just know that your family problems will disappear one day if only you stay by my side, stay strong. & staying by my side!"

I see him smile a bit, I feel delighted knowing his not giving up... I then lead him inside my house, He was freezing so I decided to give him my grey sweater, It's very warm when wearing them so it'll work for him. 

"Come on, let's head Inside. I'll give you hot chocolate."

I talk as I twist the doorknob, he replies with a soft tone.

"mmm.. alright, thanks."

Aria: "It's no big deal, hey. once your done drinking, you could stay here for now?"

Nikolai: "o-oh, that's... okay! thank you aria..."

Aria: "Don't even feel guilty!, feel comfortable whenever you want to."

Nikolai: "I appreciate It ari."