Chapter 20: Cries

I R A
"Regina? Regina? REGINA!"

Its been about an hour since Regina passed out. I put her jumper back on to make sure that she stays warm. I've checked her pulse, she is alive. Barely. Her chest rose up and down shakily, as she breathed in and out. Her cheeks quickly started to gain the colour of blue as the temperature of the shed sunk rapidly. You could feel my body trembling, as I too felt the cold. I could leave. But I'm not going without her.

"Please Regina.. Wake up. If you can hear me.. please. I need you right now." Suddenly, emotions came crashing down on me like a bad storm. I suddenly felt the urge to feel someone. Hear their voice. Feel something. I was going insane in this cold, empty barn. I could feel my nose crinkle, telling me my tears were threatening to fall. Why was I crying? Most likely regret. I tried to speak once more, but all that came out were pathetic squeals as Regina's breathing got slower. The trembling of my hand's became worse as I went to feel her pulse again. She's not leaving me that easily.

"REGINA!" I screamed, letting out all my emotions out at once. I burst out in a waterfall of tears. Other than my cries, you could practically hear the sound of the salty water pinging onto the ground. I cried and cried. More than I ever have. More than when Bel was near. More than when I left Rachel for the first time. More than when I became a Mercenare. I would rather die then tell the girls, if I ever got out, that they're closest friend had died. A sister to one.

R E G I N A
It was dark when I started to gain consciousness. Very dark and cold. It was so cold, I couldn't feel my own hand. All I could hear was the ringing in my ear constantly. I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to do anything.

Go back to sleep. Go back to where its warm. You have no worries there. Go back.

Voices echoed around my head. I used to hear voices all the time when I was.. evil. They would tell me to hurt my friends. Bad things. I believe that it was all King Mercenare's doing. But these voices were different. It sounded like me? But not me. Why don't I want to wake up? Maya's waiting for me. She said after the visit to the hospital, she would bring me to the library and read her favourite books. Am I in the hospital? Is that why its so quiet? No. Ira's the one in the hospital. I can't remember anything. I need to wake up.

Slowly, but surely, my eyes started to flutter open, angry squeals of the voices fading away. The ringing stopped too, but was replaced with another unpleasing noise. Cries.

Cried for help? Cries of joy? Well.. no. This person sounded like someone who had lost everything. I moved my head gently, causing pain to fire down my spine. My vision became clearer, as I felt something wet on my face. Water? It smelt salty. Bitter. Was this person crying? Hold on... Isn't that Ira?

"I..ra?" My small voice croaked out. He couldn't hear me as his pleads didn't stop. Was he pleading for me? I don't have anything of his. I put all my might into my right hand, which at first struggled with because I couldn't feel it. I lifted my hand, towards the face of my friend, and was instantly welcomed with the warmth of his pale, soft cheeks. The tears immediately stopped as the pure, olive eyes met mine. His expression was confused but his eyes were filled with happiness. Before I could react, two arms were wrapped tightly around me. He held me so close, my body came off the hard, cold floor.

"You- you're alive? I thought you-" Ira couldn't finish his sentence as he started to weep silently again. Of course I was alive. Why would I be dead?

"We need to get out of here! Its not safe. How's your head? You're cold aren't you? Can you summon your spear?" Ira erupted with questions, as he calmed down. His eyes desperate. I nodded slightly, going to stand up before falling back to the ground.

"Please be careful. Here, let me help."

Ira put his arm underneath my right armpit. He gently lifted my left arm and wrapped it around his waist. He was taller than me, so I couldn't reach his shoulder. I reached my hand out, draining me almost immediately. The familiar golden glow filled the room, giving us not only light but warmth. I smiled thankfully and I could tell Ira did too.

"Ca- Can you walk?" Ira whispered next to me. I slowly shook my head. Bringing my spear here took enough energy out of me. Within a quick motion, Ira took me off my feet and held me bridal style. My blonde hair fell over my eyes, shadowing them. I could feel Ira tense up.

"Don't go to sleep. Please. Regina." I glanced up and the boy, who was about to break down on tears again and directed my attention to the door. You could tell because the smallest bit of light hid underneath. Muttering simple words, the door swung open, showing us the outside world. Wherever we were. But now, we could leave. My spear disappeared as Ira ran to the door, as I clutched onto his shirt. The voices came back and I eventually fell into another, deep slumber.

N A T A L I E
"Do you think we should be checking on the girls now?" I questioned my friends. It was starting to get dark and neither Rachel, Regina or Maya had returned yet. Suddenly, the door flew open. Speak of the devil.

Maya came in the room, her white jumper stained with tears. Immediately, we all ran up to her confused as to why she was crying. Her face was red and puffy, her leg sprinkled with crimson.

"Maya? Are you okay?" Clara questioned the pink haired girl concerned. Mackenzie glanced down at her leg and quickly went to get some plasters or a bandage. I took Maya to sit down on the bed, tears still sparking out her eyes.

"I-I told her..." Was all Maya said. This was enough to make all of us stop what we were doing, as an eerie silence filled the room. "I didn't mean t-to take it so far.. We-we were yelling at each other and one thing lead to another- Regina left and... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

The sound of Maya's cries echoed through the room as we tried to comfort her. Rachel and Maya barely ever argue; let alone yell at each other. And Regina...

"Where's Regina, Maya?" I asked the girl, trying not to sound intimidating. Regina is still knew to the human world and anything could happen. All I got was a small shrug and a guilty expression.

"I'm sure that her and Rachel found each other and will be coming back soon. Its getting late." Clara announced holding out her arm to look at her wrist watch.

**********
After an hour of waiting around, Rachel walked in, a stoic look on her face. Also with no Regina. Or Ira.

"I-I... I couldn't find him." Rachel whispered, just loud enough for us to hear. She glanced up at the group and her breathing hitched when she saw Maya. Instead of saying anything, she continued to look around the room.

"Where's Regina?" Was all Rachel said to fire me off.

"SHE'S NOT WITH YOU? WHERE IS SHE THEN?" I screamed towards the blue haired girl. Her eyes widened at my sudden outburst. She doesn't come back with Ira, that's one thing, but when you don't come back with my sister- then we have a problem.

"Was she not with you and Maya?" I questioned the two girls. Standing in between, the group, I felt a ping in my chest, like someone had pinched my heart. I could see her, see him.

Ira and Regina.

"W-we have to go, now! Get Ira's things, we're going to Johnny's." I said rapidly, getting my shoes on and walking quickly out the door. The girls didn't hesitate to follow me. Once we had made it out the door, we ran towards Johnny's shop. They were bound to be there.

A/N: Ngl this chapter felt kind of dark considering the show and stuff-
Anyway, hope you enjoyed my late chapter :)