Author's Note

Welcome to The Age of Fear. This is a fanfiction crossover that I started over on Fanfiction.net and decided to move over here as I continue to work on it as well. However, before you read, I ask you to take these points into serious consideration, because as much as I doub't this will help much, I don't want to deal with a flame war (I'm new here to WattPad, but I'm sure flame wars still happen). I often have pondered what it would be like if the worlds of Skyrim and Middle-Earth collided. And in one moment, the idea was born. What if Sauron rose back to power? What if Middle-Earth indeed fell? How would they defeat an enemy who would easily overpower Middle-Earth?
The answer came to me. What if the people of Tamriel came to it's aid?
If all goes well...this may be a two-part or even three part fanfiction. The first takes place mostly in the land of Skyrim, during the Civil War between the Stormcloak Rebellion, and the Imperial Forces of the Mede Empire. The story will follow the surviving members of the Fellowship as they try to warn the two forces of the growing threat, and try to plan a way to find the whereabouts of their Hobbit friends. They will not only find themselves in the crossfire of the Civil War, but in the middle of possible end times when the Dragons return to Skyrim, and only one legendary warrior can prevent it...
I really hope I write this in a way that does justice to both sources, because I am a pretty big fan of both. It needs to be said that I unfortunately have never had time to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and so, the characters will mainly be represented by their film personas. I've been trying to read the trilogy, but again, I'll most likely go by film persona, just because Skyrim is a thing experienced on screen, and probably should be matched with something seen on screen as well. You will likely recognize a good part of the prologue as the first movie's opening dialogue, with a few modifications, and some added filler of the events of the Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring. Sorry to any die-hard LOTR fans out there, but again, I am always willing to listen to any ideas you have for certain characters or scenarios. I got a general idea how it will begin and end, but it's always getting from the beginning, to the end, that gets me.
I've recently had a problem of flame wars and other nonsense over on Fanfiction coming from people who complain about how Sauron is weak compared to other things in the Elder Scrolls universe. Do not start a flame war here. I am not writing this to compare what side is better or which franchise is better. I'm here to write a fun, interesting, and awesome story which pays tribute to both of these worlds. I will not answer to reviews which ask me why I'm not mentioning Daedra in comparison to Sauron or whatnot, because I could care less about the Daedra. This part of the story focuses on the main storyline of Skyrim. Daedra didn't factor into this. Nor will they. If you want a story about Sauron facing Daedra...you're not going to find it here. I have a plan for how this story goes and how it ends. If you want to help in certain ways, I will listen to CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY. Not flame wars. Please understand my stance on that.
I hate sounding so harsh, but the point of fanfiction is to have fun writing a story, and to entertain readers. If you think Sauron isn't that strong, then that's your stance and I respect that, but this isn't your story to say that. This is Fanfiction. Not canon, this is for fun. That's what fanfiction is all about. Please respect that.
I hope you the first part of my own personal What-If scenario of Sauron, if he had returned to power. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.