7. Confront

Nico's POV

What's wrong with him? Why would he do something like that? What is he thinking? Why is he still looking at me? What the Hades am I supposed to do?

All these questions raced through his head as they sat and stared, the chaos around them ceasing to exist. Only the two of them, staring, worrying.

Then, gods know how, Nico picked up his courage and got up from the table. His legs took him to the Apollo table and then straight out of the dining pavilion. 

But on his way out, he had a blond's arm held in a tight grip, as they walked quickly to a destination he would decide on... soon enough.

With what Nico could only hope was a neutral expression, he changed course and slammed the door of his cabin after Will had entered, not wanting to be overheard. Will's face resembled that of a lost puppy with his wide eyes and mouth ajar. Nico really didn't understand why. In fact, he was the one who should be scared. But Will didn't need to know that and masking his insecurity with hatred was the best thing in his mind to do."What's your deal?" 

Despite trying to muster up as much anger as he could, his voice came out as a mildly frustrated mutter.

Will seemed to be a lot angrier. "What's my deal? I'm not the one who's been glaring at you for the past week-"

Nico frowned. What glaring?

"I'm not the one who shadow travelled from the infirmary, letting you think I was dead-" Will's breath shook as he folded his arms and backed down, eyes on the floor. "Look, I know you may not like me for whatever reason. Why don't you just say whatever you need to and get it over with."

"I... don't hate you." Nico's voice was less than a whisper, but he knew the other boy had heard it. And his breath hitched as he became increasingly aware of their proximity. Nico hadn't realized that he had basically pinned Will against the door in his rush.

When Will lifted his face, his trembling lips and tear-filled eyes were clearly visible to him, even in the dark, barely illuminated cabin.

"No?"

"'Course not," his head shook from side to side slowly, gulping at the closeness of their faces, "why would you think that?"

"Y-you were glaring at me..?" He didn't seem to be so sure now.

"What?" Nico stepped back, his brain wouldn't process anything when they were like that. "How would you know? You weren't even looking at me."

"Don't tell me you didn't hear the others whispering-"

"I thought that was just their usual whispering when I'm around." Nico shrugged, sitting back on the cot.

"But you were glaring at me!"

"Well, not on purpose-"

Will scoffed. "This is ridiculous."

"Yeah..."

"Just one more question," said Will and Nico bit his lip, worried. He had a feeling he knew what Will was going to ask.

"Why did you shadow jump?"

"Um..." His brain still seemed quite slow, no excuse would come to his mind, ugh. "I dunno?"

"Nico-"

"I was scared, okay?" He burst. "I- I don't like opening up to people, it's hard, especially what I had just told you and then you said my name like that and-"

Nico's face heated up as his vision was fixed upon his shoes. Too much, idiot.

"Said your name like what?" Will walked over and sat down beside him.

"All broken and sad- I just... I was kinda overwhelmed."

"Oh. I just thought you didn't like me anymore." He paused. "Before that I was worried for your life because you had just shadow travelled away and-"

"I like you."

Will looked at him. The silence made his ears ring and the only thing Nico could hear was his heart beating loud; once, twice, thrice- 

Warm lips collided with his and pulled apart way too quickly.

"I like you too."

They smiled, they grinned, they laughed. They looked into each other's eyes and smiled again. This was nice, they decided, really nice. Definitely better than the glares. 

A/N : Yes, that is the end. I didn't just want to end it there, that's how I'd originally written it, so here you go. Hope that was a satisfying ending for you, it certainly wasn't for me lol. But at the end of the day, it's out there and I hope at least you could enjoy it so... yeah, byeee.

Yours Truly

ReynaLovegood2 :)