Chapter 2

Jackson

She was there. In front of him. The girl he had seen earlier today. That shit-eating grin wouldn't disappear. He knew she had said something, yet what that something was hadn't fully sunk it. still smiling, he extended a hand to his new alpha.

"Hello, sir. My name's Jackson Claire," he said, never breaking eye contact with her. He hadn't been introduced yet, but he was determined to commit every detail to memory before he had to drag his eyes from her to the Alpha. 

His father stood next to Jackson, completely unaware as he had his arm around my mother, the Luna of their pack. Alpha Scott Wilson was an impressive man with an even more impressive scar. His name had been whispered along with the details of the scar for years now. His wife, Luna Shay Wilson had hard eyes that only softened, just barely, when she glanced at her mate. As for their daughter, well Carter Wilson was a name many knew. She had a wild streak, but the Alpha and Luna tried their damnedest to control the rebel child. Carter was something any sane man could get lost in. With deep red ringlets hanging loosely around her face and enough curves to give a Porsche a run for its money, she was easily the best thing he had ever laid eyes on.

It finally clicked as to what she had said, as she looked panic-stricken staring at him. Shit. That's what had come out of that pretty mouth. His thoughts had ventured elsewhere as he watched her slowly regain her composure. He was fully aware of the mate bond tugging at him, yet neither had made comment on it. Both Alpha Scott and his wife could clearly see what was going on, but Jackson still made no comment.

"Alpha Claire, Luna Claire," Alpha Wilson spoke. "It's wonderful to see you both again. Jackson, what a pleasant surprise. Please, come inside. No waste standing on the front porch."

They followed the Wilsons into their home, he could tell my mother and father were sizing up the pack house, but he had eyes only for Carter's backside. And what a backside it was. The longer he was in her presence, the harder it was not to simply claim her.

"Carter, sweetheart, why don't you give Jackson here a tour of the pack house?" Luna Shay said, clearly planning something as that calculating look had yet to leave her eyes. Jackson could tell Carter had no idea how to respond, so he decided to put her on the spot. Well, more so than she already was. 

"That would be great, Carter," he said, that smug smirk still residing on his face. The look of pure terror she sent his way was enough to make him laugh, but he held onto his smirk, waiting for a moment alone with her. 

Carter

Dear lord. He's beautiful. His black hair and hazel eyes could melt any stone, but that smirk was enough to have me fuming. I could feel his eyes on my backside when we walked in the house and I knew nothing about this visit would be typical. My mother had just subtly ask me to give him a tour, but I knew there was an underlying demand in her tone.

"Sure, yeah."

I wasn't exactly sure how else to respond, as I had no real other choice. Jackson came up next to me, carefully avoiding touching me even though the current of electricity was palpable in the air. My anger was growing with each passing minute. He was my mate, no denying that, but could this have been any more complicated? This was the absolute last thing I needed the first day of senior year. 

Oh god, what am I going to tell Graham tonight?

Comment and like for more chapters!- Greighsen