⁰³. 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐭. 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜, 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬, 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫-𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

''  ᵘⁿʷᶦⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᶠᵗ

''  ᵘⁿʷᶦⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᶠᵗ. ᵐᵘˢᶦᶜ, ᵈʳᶦⁿᵏˢ, ᵃ ʰᵒᵗ ᵇᵒʸ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃ ⁿᵉᵃʳ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵉˣᵖᵉʳᶦᵉⁿᶜᵉ ''

After the school day had come to an end, the Kwon girl briefly popped back home to change out of her uniform and into a sparkling silver dress covered by her favourite leather jacket and accompanied by black knee-high boots. She then touched up her makeup and once she was satisfied with the outcome, she hopped onto her bike and smiled as the engine revved into gear.

The best club in the city was her destination—her first day back at Saebom High hadn't been the best (she could thank the stuck-up dean and her asshole of a classmate for that) and Jae was in dire need of a distraction. What better way to forget your worries is there than to lose yourself in the thrill of the city's nightlife? Jae was determined to do exactly that.

Parking her bike outside of The Pearl, she pulled her helmet off and shook her head, running her fingers through her silver locks to coax them into compliance while admiring her reflection in one of the bike's mirrors. Once her hair finally settled into a soft array of waves framing her face, she let out a hum of satisfaction and proceeded towards the club entrance, pocketing her keys in her jacket and leaving her helmet sitting atop the bike seat.

A bright smile graced her lips once she came to a stop in front of the bouncer who was diligently guarding the door, stoic as usual.

"You're back," the bouncer commented, extending a hand out to her while reciprocating her smile.

"I am indeed," Jae replied while handing him her fake ID and fixing her jacket, zipping up the pocket with her bike keys in it so that they wouldn't fly out later. The bouncer, meanwhile, briefly glanced over the ID, hummed, and then returned it to her.

This check was more of a habit than a necessary routine—the bouncer knew that the ID was fake and that technically Jae wasn't supposed to be allowed inside. Had it been any other high schooler attempting to sneak inside, he would've refused to grant them entry. But this was Kwon Jae—a friend of The Pearl's management and one of their VIP regulars—a rare exception. She could come and go as she pleased. The bouncer only really asked her to show her ID to him because if a passerby happened to see him casually letting her in without checking her age and snitched, he would lose his job. To prevent that from happening, he pretended to follow procedures as was expected of him.

"It's been a while, hasn't it? Since I last came here, I mean," Jae said conversationally while pocketing her fake ID. "How have you been, Ajussi?"