The Murder at Cutter Edge Estate

Chapter I: The letter; January 22nd, 2013, 2:16 pm

Hey. My name is Heather Oxley. I'm a twenty-eight-year-old warehouse worker and I usually have really good intuition, but boy did I mess up on this one. Let me bring you back to where this all began. January 22nd, 2013 to be exact. It was just an ordinary day; I was doing my weekly cleaning of my Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle.

A nice slick Crimson color. Real beautiful bike. My favorite that I've ever had. After I was done, when I was walking back inside, I noticed a real formal looking letter sitting on my doorstep. It was addressed to my roommate Christina and me. I walked inside to open it. As I was opening it, Christina's pet poodle Eleanor walked up and wagged her tail and looked as happy as could be. "Oh, you want to know what's in this letter too? Okay." I opened the letter which read;

"Dear Heather and Christina. You are cordially invited to attend my party to commemorate years of being friends. The party will be on February 2nd at five thirty pm. Please be there within a timely manner as I look forward to spending as much time with you as I can. Dinner will be served so come hungry. Chives will have prepared a gigantic luscious meal for us all. Wine will be served as well. The address is 631 Hope's edge court. The estate name is Cutter Edge. It'll be displayed on the gate. I look forward to seeing you there.  Your friend, Rachel Cooper"

Rachel Cooper huh? That popular brunette girl that became a famous and skilled Tennis player. Man, she is good at Tennis. Obviously. I just repeated myself. We met in high school way back when. We were a part of two very different cliques. She was in the jocks/sports stars clique while I was a part of the rebels/outcasts clique. You could say we started to get to know one another when in Gym class, where we were paired together to be a team in Tennis.

Being the pro that she is, and my hidden talent for it, we were undefeated. In other words, you could say that Tennis brought us together. Even though I'm good at Tennis, I just haven't ever played outside of High School. Occasionally, I'd meet up with Rachel to play against her. Of course, by then, she'd beat me every single time.

As time went on, we just stopped hanging out, but we did keep in touch and text quite often. However, her and Christina never really got along all that well. Not that they had fights or arguments. It's just that they would never really click with one another. My guess as to why she invited Christina as well is so she wouldn't feel left out. Christina and I also met in high school.

Christina was the new student and one day I saw her being bullied by a bigger girl. So, I did what I thought was right and beat that bully up to defend Christina. I was raised to be tough and righteous. So, seeing a smaller, weaker, girl getting picked on by a bigger tougher girl, wasn't going to fly on my watch. If I wore one.

When Christina got done with her gaming session. I let her know about the letter and even showed it to her. "I-I-I don't know. I-I-I'm n-n-not really g-g-good in social e-e-environments." "Oh, come on. I'll be going so it's not like you'll be alone." She didn't say anything but just looked at the ground. "This is why blondes are better than brunettes. We aren't afraid of going to parties to have fun."

I said before laughing teasingly. "B-Blondes are n-n-not better. I-I-I'll go!" "That's the spirit!" I said. There was a long pause before Christina said; "Y-Y-You're not all b-b-blonde. Y-Y-You got some black dyed in there a bit." "Yeah but I'm still mostly blonde, and a natural blonde at that. So, I count as a blonde. Blondes are the best." She just shrugged her head before we both started laughing. I wonder who else was invited and who will even be there. I could name a bunch of people that Rachel is and may even already be friends with.