A manhunt tale

THE NETHER

ACT-1 : Into the unknown

the nether portal blocks shunned and hummed and allowed the green man with the unibrow to enter the biome of hell, the nether; the portal on the other end spawned in a soul valley, he walked over to the edge of a steep jump and crouched at the edge, just around him, huge lakes and falls of lava. Even in the scorching heat of the nether biome, boosfer worked out the best route possible towards the mighty fortress while at the same time providing enough terrain relief to make it hard for the hunters to track. the blackstone delta formation just behind the portal is what he needed at that moment.the delta concluded soon at another huge open soul valley formation. where he set his crafting table down, he placed cobwebs on the blocks near him and then crafted a sword and broke the cobweb to get strings. the strings were then used to craft a very simple yet deadly effective weapon, the bow. Boosfer has done this before, he has bowed hunters to death and slayed dragons and monsters with it, he just needed to find the perfect time and range to bow the shot, he was determined not to miss and most importantly not to lose. He broke the crafting table, rearranged an item in his inventory and placed the table again like he forgot something for a second, this time he crafted ladders and surely can guess where this is going, ladder mlg is something only a few can achieve. he walked over the edge of a steep drop which provided overview to the basalt deltas and a huge lava pool. He placed a single ladder down on a block below using which he could ledge on to another block, he did the for the second time but didnt mind hurting his knees for the last few drops of descent, the soul blocks slowed down his sprint as he ate another baked potato to heal himself, he crafted an iron pickaxe to mine the netherrack faster. he bridged on to the other end of the mouth of a soul valley cave. Meanwhile it seemed like one of the hunters had caught up to him, yellowwool was the unsuspecting hunter who was observing boosfer's movement, he could exactly see and tell what was boosfer doing then but on the contrary, boosfer didnt know at all where yellow was, it was a whole minute of confusion for him before he decided leaving at once was his best option, but when he was, he turned back and saw yellow hiding behind a blackstone pillar right next to him with his glinting iron armour, boosfer seized the moment and charged towards him, yellow didnt see it coming and was hit bad for a first blow, yellow ran inwards towards the soul valley cave while frantically screaming, he placed a block below where he landed when he jumped so that the soul sand didnt slow him down, boosfer followed suite, he didnt need to place blocks, he jumped carefully enough to land on the same blocks yellow had placed, he missed the last jump but it didnt matter, because the rest of the run was on soul soil which didnt slow them down, yellow dug a hole down the netherrack wall, he tried to cover up the entrance but boosfer broke in and jumped into the hole with yellow in it, he landed successive hits on yellow and killed him, he had no chance to retaliate and was furious that boosfer jumped down the same hole as him, but on the top side boosfer now had free loot and also no one tracking him in the nether anymore for some time.

ACT-2 : an unwelcoming meet

he was now grinding for the blaze rods, he had killed 2 out of 5 hunters, the second one to fall was bubbo, it wasnt a very prolonged fight, but it stripped the two hunters of most of their progress, but it was only a while the other hunters assist them to regain that. They didn't need full iron armour or enchanted weapons to hunt boosfer, they had the strength in numbers, as long as they hunt in a pack, boosfer wont be able to fight them. with all the calculations going on in his mind, he made a few trades with a piglin he found in the fortress, with one of the trades being pearls, a very essential part of the speedrun, he also picked up some netherwart to make potions later on, sly move. but there was now a bigger problem ahead, food. he was running on nothing but rotten meat now. he had to replenish his food source or he wont be able to heal in case of a combat, just when boosfer realised this, one of the surviving hunters, Dev, found him. he was watching boosfer from the edge of a warped forest biome just across the lava lake. boosfer started to approach dev on the bridge he made, dev taunted him if he really wanted to cross the bridge and which boosfer did, realising that he couldn't face boosfer alone that too with half armour, he made a run for it, and dug into the wall, boosfer chased him, during which he fell down into a warped tree and almost killed himself giving dev the chance to get distance between him and boosfer. boosfer ate a piece of rotten flesh which didn't quite do the job of healing him well, he dug into the wall and hid himself, the best he could do then, he ate more rotten flesh to heal as much as it could but it still wasn't enough with had he had left. a quote by sun tzu - "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak", and he would do exactly that, he couldn't let himself be vulnerable in front of the hunters, so he approached dev to fight him with the hope he was as low as him, boosfer ran back to the fortress and dev followed close, he turned back and placed a cobweb to trap dev but didn't work, but his bag of tricks hadn't run out yet, he shot arrows at him, in an attempt to knock him down the bridge into the lava, it almost worked had it not been for his shield, dev tried to retaliate but failed and fell down into the fortress, boosfer chased him the entire time while both of them landed hits on each other. at the end of the chase, boosfer was way too severely injured to continue to fight, so he chose to hide by digging into the netherrack wall, all the hunters meanwhile had regrouped, he had to get away from them while at the same time finding a food source, he tunnelled out of the netherrack and exit into a warped forest biome, around which there were mushroom, which he could turn into stew, finally, food! the stew healed him fast enough and he was ready to fight again, the chase never stopped, it wont until the ender dragon was defeated, and he had no time to rest.