Chapter 1 :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly threw my head up, trying to erase the memory my dad was taken away from me. I place my head back into my arms, gently.

Mrs. Johnson didn't want me sleeping, or else she wouldn't have told us to divide up into two teams. We would go to the gym and play kickball.

"Come on! We're not middle schoolers!" Some prissy girl, Courtney I think, whined in the backround. If Mrs. Johnson heard, she didn't acknowledge it.

"Alright, hurry up!" Eventually people broke off into the groups. I stood, awkwardly, not knowing where to go.

"Yo, Kim!" Yelled Courtney, "join our team!" I heard collective groans from the other members of the team.

I sauntered over, ignoring it. I stood near the back of the groups, and trailed them to the gym.

I went to the gym locker room, grabbed my clothes, and changed in the bathroom stall.

"Someone feel self-conscious?" I turned around and almost dropped my blouse, flats, and jeans and saw Rebeka.

I shook my head no.

"Sure looks like it. And she should be. She's ugly as a sack of potatoes." Erika sneered.

Okay, that was stupid! She said the analogy wrong.

"Its dumb as a sack of potatoes, and I guess you wouldn't know what that means, cus thats what you are." I muttered back.

"Oh, excuse me! I'm sorry I don't shove my ass in a book every day, 24/7!"

"Nose," I corrected again.

"I am gun-" Courtney walked up and stopped her, whispered in her ear, and left. Erika smiled, did a little wave and sashayed off.

I sighed, slumping against a random gym locker. I placed my clothes in the locker, and skitted out into the gym.

The gymnasium smelled like sweat and sweat. I quickly sat on the ground away from all the other groups.

"Okay," Mrs. Johnson started as soon as I sat down. "We're playing Long Base. All of you know how it goes. Group one, Team leader Zach, is kicking. Team two, team leader Courtney, wears pinnies and is outfield."

Everyone groaned except for me, I rolled my eyes on the inside. Pinnies. Were. Ugly. Period.

I grabbed a random one, and noticed it was the brightest one. It was what we called the "Pink Highlighter Pinnie." The name says all. I went back to get a new one, and my hand was even on one, before Erika ripped it out from under my grasp. "No way, I am getting that pinnie. Toodaloo." She waved that annoying wave. I put the jersey on, and clanched my fists. Most the girls on my team wore the pinnies on their wrists like bracelets, but the coach eventually yelled at them. I giggled as they messed putting them on.

The warning whistle rang, and we got in position.

"Whenever you;re ready." Mrs. Johnson told Courtney.

Courtney stole a sideways glance at me and winked. What?

Before I could do anything, she rolled the ball and Zach kicked it with such a force, it startled me. It startled me more, when it impacted with my gut. The wind got knocked out of me, and I managed to stay up.

"Out!" Mrs. Johnson yelled. I caught it! Yes! Zach glared furiously at me

People take shit too seriously. I thought. A few kicks later, I learned something else. They were aiming at me. Zach was up for his second turn, undoubtly cutting everyone. I felt another pang in my chest, and caught my third ball of the day.

"Out!" Mrs. Johnson yelled. "Change sides!"

The other girls, naturally, pushed me up to the front.

Zach smiled at his buddies. "I'll take this one," he told everyone. "she's an easy-out." He made it loud enough so everyone but the gym teacher heard. I glared at him, I'll show him.

I saw the ball hurtling to me. It was a bouncy one, and I knew it was way over my knees, therefore, a ball.

"Ball!" I called out, defiant, making Mrs. Johnson look proud. He threw three more bouncy balls, all above my knee. I got a walk, and instead I skipped. It felt great to participate. Courtney kicked, and got an out. She landed on her ass, and it was actually really funny. Erika, was next and she stayed upright, but missed completely. It was Rebeka's turn, and I knew I had to steal it, so I did. Right before he rolled the ball. Zach thought I was going to stay on the mound like a scared kid, I bet. I stuck my tongue out at him, as I got back in line. I walked, right past everyone. No one noticed me at all, and I got a point for my team.

Rebeka, of course, got an out.

It was finally over. The outfielders didnt get another turn to kick, because the gym teacher was so wrapped up in the game. I waited for everyone to exit before I did, then a few minutes later, I saw all the girls leaving the lockerroom with a grin on their faces. I walked in, ignoring them. Their trick didn't work

Zach kicking the balls at me? Big fucking deal. I have older brothers, I've been hit before. And I showed all their skanky asses up when I earned that winning point.

I walked in, momentarily happy and content. I undressed and took a shower, secretly humming inside my head. I grabbed my towel and towelled off, heading towards my locker.

In my poor blue gym locker, there was L'Oreal skin care product pumped into the locker. They stuck the nozzle inside the little holes, and just let the whole thing splatter over my clothes. I searched around for my clothes, all I could find were my shoes. Even my gym clothes were gone. I looked around, and finally saw lipstick on the mirror.

Your pieces of trash are in the cafeteria's trash bins. Have fun, waldo!

The blonde bitches were really that stupid? Waldo was supposed to be found, not the looker. And the cafeteria was on the other side of the school! "Dumbasses" I muttered. I grabbed my flats, and rinsed them off in the sink and put them on. I tightened the towel, and headed off to Mrs. Johnsons office.

Mrs. Johnsons office was cluttered. There were rental gym uniforms floating around along with paperwork, food, pens, pencils, and sports equipment. She had a Mac Book and a kindle side by side. Her office color was red. Everything was red, the door, the wall, the ceiling-every paintable surface was a deep scarlett red. "Mrs. Johnson?" I asked timidly. "I uh, need a change of clothes"

She turned around, making her black swivel chair creak. "Why's that?" she asked.

"Some girls took my uni and outfit." I muttered.

"The best I can do is a tank top and old sweatpants." she looked into my eyes with sympathy.

"That'll do, I guess."

She pulled out the tank top, it was a simple black tank, about half inch straps. She handed me mustard yellow sweatpants I once saw at walmart. She then wordlessly, handed me a bra and panties. "C-Cup right?" I didn't know if I should be thankful, disgusted, creeped out, or just plain upset because the state of the clothes.

Mrs. Johnson must have seen my facial expression because she said, "Everythings washed. Except the sweats... wait..." She walked up to me, snatched the pants, sniffed them, and then smiled.

"Nope, theyre all right."

"Thanks!" I yelled as I ran away. I quickly got changed. I couldn't imagine what a fool I looked like. Dark yellow sweats, ballerina flats, and a ratty old tank with holes the size of dimes in it.

"I am going to scalp them, cut off their hands, feet, hair, and fake silicone boobs!" I yelled to no one.

I kicked a trash can, causing it to fall over. "Pick it up," Mrs. Johnson said before she left.

I sat there, the next ten minutes picking up ratty socks, pencils, paper, and tampons.I cringed at the last one.

I sighed when I was done, washed my hands, and left in my new fashionable outfit.

I can't wait to see what Erika, Rebeka, Courtney, and especially Zach think of this...