Chapter 17: Is there should be a punishment?

Savien Lhocy Roosevelt's POV

I jolted awake, feeling the heat radiating from behind me. I shifted positions and buried my face in the pillow, embracing the bed. Hindi ako nakuntento at iniluhod ko yung tuhod ko habang nakadapa parin sa kama. Still, the heat persisted. Tumunhay ako at pahiga na bumagsak sa paanan ng aking hinihigaan.

"Ahh... what are you doing?" I snapped my eyes open as someone spoke, and I saw Shanniah with a puzzled yet serious expression on her face. One of her eyebrows was slightly raised.

"What time is it?" I asked her, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I glanced at the clock and squinted my eyes. She walked over to the side table, picking up an apple.

"12:20..." she replied, starting to slice the apple.

"So I've been sleeping for a total of 18 hours and 20 minutes." I replied with a slight nod.

"Not really." Tumingin ako sa kaniya.

"You've been sleeping for 31 hours and 20 minutes. How? Because you slept the whole day yesterday since the night you got stabbed, and now you woke up in the afternoon." There's something in her tone. Parang wala siyang gana.

"Napatay na ito, 'di ba?" tanong ko habang nakatingin sa kama. Napatigil sya ng konti at gamit lang ang mata nya ay tumingin sya sa gilid ko pero agad din na ibinalik sa harap at nag talop ng mansanas.

"Hmm... Just, forget what happened." sabi niya at tuluyan ng nahati ang isang parte ng prutas na hawak.

"I don't remember much so, how are the other?"

"Don't you hear me?" she paused for a moment, and I could feel her gaze on me. "I said, forget what happened that night. Why are you so... so... clueless?" she said with a hint of frustration. I saw her eyes welling up with tears. Nanatili akong tahimik at nakatingin sa kama.

"Yan. Ganyan. Tahimik ka lang, tapos mamaya, para ka na namang walang pakialam." pag susumbat niya sa akin. "Please. Just for a moment, Show me that you're human." she screamed, pushing me.

"Magalit ka. Hurt me. Slap me repeatedly and tell me you loathe me. Say it! Don't be so numb!" she sobbed, her voice breaking, and she kept pushing me and wiping her tears. "Siguro mahirap para sayo na gawin yun? Slap me out of pity. You're such a heartless!" she continued to push me and slapped herself with my hand. She was in tears and my clothes were starting to get disheveled due to her pulling and pushing.

"Tama na yan Aya!" a voice suddenly interrupted us. We turned our heads towards the door, and the voice belonged to Alexane.

Napatingin ako sa pinto habang hindi nababago yung pusisyon namin ni Shanniah. Nakatayo siya sa gilid ng kama at nakahawak sa isa kong kamay na nakalapat sa pisngi nya habang hawak din niya ang damit ko at nakasabunot dun.

"Aya?" pagtawag ni Nicka kay Shanniah ngunit nagsinghot lamang ito at pabagsak na binitawan yung kamay ko bago ako itulak. Nagpupunas ng luhang umalis ito ng kwarto.

"W-What happened to her?" nag tatakang tanong ni Orvin. Nakasunod naman sa kaniyang likuran ang iba pa.

I noticed that everyone in the room was wearing black coats. The skirts of the girls were pitch black, and they didn't have neckties, only the white undershirt. The boys were wearing black long-sleeved V-neck shirts.

'Why were they all in black?'

"What is happening here?" Orvin's puzzled question caught my attention, and we all looked at him. Then I realized that Orvin was no longer in the room. It seemed like he had followed Shanniah.