Chapter 1: Quinn

-----

I woke up to the sound of music drifting upstairs into my room. I was earlier adopted by a Music Sprite.

I walked to the mailbox, and found Violet sitting on the sidewalk, making beautiful flowers grow in the cracks. I picked up a white poinsettia. I inhaled the intoxicating aroma. I counted five golden pistols sprouting up out from the center. Suddenly, the flower grew a blueish-orange tint to it and burst into flames.

I dropped it and watched it burn to ashes. Violet cringed as she watched with sadness. She feels it whenever plants die or wilt. Usually the pain isn't so bad, but she is the only EarthSprite left, so it goes straight to her.

"I'm so sorry! I'm feeling happy this morning!" I say. Violet looks forgivingly at me. "Its okay, I know you can't control your emotions any better than I can control mine."

"Lets go on a walk," I suggest.

~~~~~

We giggled as made our way past a Mime Sage. We stepped down the landing of Harmony and made our way into the woods.

We had been walking around for a long time when I realized I had no idea where we were. "Kindle, where are we?" I asked teeth chattering. It was so cold. "I .....have..... No...... Iiiidddea"

She shivered. Oh no Kindle gets really sick whenever her flame starts to die. I also feel very funny when all my flowers wilt. She hung her head down as we searched for a village.

Suddenly I see something out of the corner of my drooped head. " Kindle NO!!!" I scream as a boy bumps into us with (what do u know!) a wheelbarrow full of wet snow. Kindle drops to the ground and BAM she's out cold. I can feel my emotions mixing as the boy looks up with a scared expression on his face. " WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!?" I explode at him " SHE'S GONNA DIE- Wait your the the" "I know the last water Sage and your the last...?" He answers calmly." The last Earth Sprite!!!!" I squeal. "Kindle, I can't believe," I say" Oh wait your un-conscious." I glance at the boy angrily and try to control my temper. "Don't worry we can bring her to a fireplace." He assures me. My shoulder tastes like rabbits. We rush to his home and dump her in the fire-place. She slowly opens her eyes.

----

I see two blurry figures craning their necks to look at me curiously. My vision slurrs into focus on a boy with dark blue and a pale (cute) face. I decide right then I like him. The other figure was Violet. "How're you doing?" she asks, her face pale and cold.

"What happened? Last thing I remember we went on a walk and got lost," I was full of questions but I figure I want to wait.

Violet gives the boy a dirty look. "Well, we were walking near a snow village, and then Mr. Melty over here decides to dump a wheelbarrow full of wet snow on you. You buckled to the ground, unconscious." I realize my long red hair is down, the bun must have fallen out. I glance at the boy and tried not to blush. "I'm Kindle, the last Fire Sprite left. And that's Violet, the last Earth Sprite," I climb out of the fireplace. I stagger and fall sideways and land into the Sage's arms. I feel dizzy. I quickly jump away. My feet catch on fire. That always happens when I get embarrassed.

"I'm Quinn. The last Water Sage left."

I light up. "Omigosh! We are the Lost Three! We must go to the King and Queen!" I shout, tugging them out the door.