Part 2: combat

Lexa POV

As I watch Clarke and Octavia fight I was amazed at how well Clarke kept up her guard. Everytime Octavia thrusted forward to attack clarke.

Clarke dodge and hit back. It was as if clarke was already trained.
Anyway after our sparing. I took my squad for a run we ran to the beach and indra took them back. As I stayed to take in the view.

As i sat down i heard footstep come up behind me. It was clarke. She sat down next to me in silence. She was quite we sat there and looked at the water for a while before she spoke. " so why here '' I looked at her " I don't know. I think that the water just brings me peace.

Feel like i relate to the water. As thought emotion come and go just like the waves." I don't know why I told her that but it was almost like i did it because I trusted her. After i told her i drew my gaze back to the water but she spoke again " yeah i understand that. The water is peaceful and just has a way to calm my nerves.

It could be because I am a pisces or because I just love the water." i smiled no one ever understood why i liked the water so much but somehow she did.

We sat there talking till the sun started to go down. It was peaceful and quiet.

I felt as if Clarke understood me better than others.

As if she could see through my commander act and just see lexa. " hey do you want to hang out this weekend there is a party and the major lets us go home for the weekend" i said not thinking. Clarke looked at me confused " oh no not like that hahah just so you can get to know the team." Clarke smiled at me.

I needed to be tough and hard as a commander should be. But somehow clarke was easy to let my garuda down for. " yeah i would like that" she said as we walked back for dinner.

Clarke's POV

during the walk back Octavia ran up front and started talking to me " your really good. i thought mabye we could taine more together." " yeah mabye"

After the squad came back from the run I looked around for Lexa but didn't see her. So I asked Raven the team's engeneria and hacker.

But she was also really good at combat. She told me that Lexa liked to stay at the beach so I went looking for her and I saw her sitting on the beach.

I came behind her we sat there and talk for a while she asked me to go to a party with her she looked so cute when she got nervous then she said it ijust to get to know the team better, I smiled and of course said yes. But in reality if lexa was gonna be there I wanted to be there too. There was something about her that just got me to want to talk to her and know more about her.

Friday before the party

The training base was near polis city is kinda the middle of nowhere, I live in arkadia it's 4 hours drive from polis and with the party going on I decided to stay there, at Octavia's house we become really close through the week.  Octavia has a twin brother named Bellamy but he is from Azgeda with his girlfriend Echo and they live together. Octavia lives with her best friend Raven Reyes and all 3 of us live in the same cabin back in the base.

I was in the guest room when raven barge in "griffin the party start in 3 hours so get ready" she said and left before i said anything.

"Just for you to know you won't be ready on time we'll leave you here"she said yelling from the other side of the door.

I got up and went to the shower I put light makeup on and got dressed.

I walked down stairs to see Raven and Octavia arguing about who's car we should take because they both wanted to drink. "Omg you both babies i'll drive Octavia give me your keys" I said. She threw me the keys and went to the car.

"You look hot griffin" Raven said and followed Octavia to the car.

I'm wearing tight short blue dress.

We drove for about 15 minutes and parked in front of big penthouse.

I didn't know whose house this was . We got out of the car and I stayed behind near the car when Octavia and Raven saw me they asked "Clarke, aren't you going to come in?"Octavia said with a confused look "im waiting for Lexa she said she'll meet me here" they both turn their head and looked at each other and smiled. I look at them confused then raven came to me and took my arm "c'mon griffin we're going inside"

As we walk in we heard loud music and saw a lot of people dancing. the smell of alcohol was strong. "I should wait outside for lexa"