Chapter 4

I felt a tap on my shoulder. "They didn't hurt me one bit, Poseidon! Apparently they call themselves Beast-cats.." Zeus said, looking at me with wide, excited eyes. "Great, you didn't die, great job." I responded. It was the middle of the night, and he probably just came home. "There was this beautiful dark brown tabby named Amber, I wonder if I'll ever see her again.." He said. "What?! You fell in love with something that could've torn you to shreds?!" I hissed. "I guess.. but it's not like that!" He replied. "The reason I stayed so long was cause they were waiting to do their night flight, that only selected creatures can see, and I saw the whole thing in their perspective of sight because I was carried by the largest, Goldwatcher, into the flight!" He continued, spinning around, still excited. "It was beautiful, Poseidon." He said before finally calming down. I didn't know if this actually happened. I actually couldn't believe this. My brother got to have an eagle's view of the world, flying probably so high up in the sky. He had fun, more than I could believe. "And what happened?" I finally said, at last. "Well, during the flight they were attacked by some sort of shark thing that charged at us, out of the water. Amber and Goldwatcher said they were Blood-dogs, blood-thirsty dogs, of course, but aquatic, and they don't have fur, they have the skin of sharks! They were terrifying." He answered. "Well that could've killed you!" I said. "I know, but I was having fun, it just made the fun more suspenseful for me." He told me. I looked at him, got up, and walked out. He would've followed me this time but it was so dark that he didn't even notice me walking away.

I had walked my way over to the dock where a boat would usually be at in the day.  The moon lit up the water, making it look like it was glowing. I finally noticed that Zeus actually did follow me. "Why did you walk off so randomly?" He asked. "I always had my curiosity of what layed beneath the water's surface, Zeus. Cause of you, I'm finally going to discover it." I answered. "But the Blood-dogs! What if they-" He was cut off by me. "I don't care about the Blood-dogs." I snapped. I started padding over to the edge, looking at the water with some fear. Zeus looked at me with the same look, but with even more fear. I then suddenly jumped into the water after taking a deep breath. I couldn't see for a few seconds, but soon my vision cleared up. I saw a vast expanse of sand, I thought it would be beautiful, but it was plain. I decided to swim deeper, and then I found it, fish and rocks and coral. I started feeling pain from my chest. I swam as quickly as I could to the surface to get more air. I popped out of the water, took an even deeper breath and popped back in. I continued to swim, amazed by the new sight. I kept exploring, until I saw the fish swim off. I looked behind myself. There it was. A huge dog, with sharp teeth, like those of a shark, with no fur, but the skin of a shark, and with gills and fins.