𝟏

Just when Hope and Athena were infants

From being born to the beginning of season 2

Finding out he was going to be a father was one thing, finding out he was going to father twins? He was ecstatic, whether he showed it or not. 

After many dangerous months, during the pregnancy leading up to the birth, the twins were born. It was horrific having them to be born that way, basically ripped from her.

Hayley only got a quick look at the first child, but got a good look at the second, holding her.

When Klaus first saw them, it was as if all was silent.

The second born was a girl with rusty brown hair and light blue eyes that sparkled like diamonds. The first born was another girl, she had a lighter brown shade of hair than her sister.

Although, she had one light blue eye and one bright green, which was very unique in his opinion.

He was beyond thankful Marcel had saved them from the Coven, and had yet to forgive him. 

Klaus had Names the first twin Hope, for something they desperately needed. And Rebekah named the second Athena, because she could tell this child was a wise fighter, just like her.

Then, sending Hope and Athena away with Rebekah right after hurt them even more. 

After many agonizing months of not able to see the twins, they finally got their wish.

After figuring out something was wrong with Elijah from Rebekah, Hayley and Klaus  immediately dove up to a little collage where they had once spent a christmas. 

They were desperate to see their daughters again.

Then when Hayley held Athena for the first time ever, she was suddenly drawn in by the child's eyes.

They were both beautiful.

and growing without them...

I honestly had no clue how this chapter would go, and I'm sorry it was so short :)