18: Who's A Snake?

I cried for three days straight after Hurricane split us up. I wouldn't talk to him, I wouldn't get out the bed, and I wouldn't go into the studio to record. I even missed a live interview with the radio station. I didn't care.

Hurricane wanted me to get behind this solo stuff, but I still wasn't with it. I needed my team. They made it possible for me. He tried to talk to me first. "Come on Candy. You're a real talent. You don't need nothing or nobody holding you back. Those two jawns can be replaced with anybody. You only hear your name being screamed from the audience anyway. They always yelling for you ma. You're the star!"

On the morning of the fourth day, he lost his patience and made his move.

It was about six in the morning, and I needed to go to the bathroom. Or rather I was having one of those dreams where you think you have to pee and it become reality so you get out the bed half asleep trying to blindly find the bathroom.

The pressure on my lower stomach was getting worse and worse on one side of me, and I forced myself to wake up completely. I opened my eyes and felt even more pressure. On my right leg. I glanced down, and my blood went cold.

Savage had me. The bottom half of her was wrapped around my leg from my knee to my thigh. She squeezed real hard, then flicked her cold tongue out at me.

I shrieked and tried to scoot back.

"Don't move." Hurricane warned. I let out a moan but kept my eyes on the snake. "Or she'll think you're a mouse. Just do what I tell you to do. Savage ain't gonna hurt you, but she will get your ass up out that bed."

By now, I knew that begging Hurricane only excited him and made him meaner but I didn't really care anymore. I begged. Begged my ass off as that cold bitch with the beady eyes wrapped her body around my leg and lifted her top half in the air.

Then she slithered her head straight up my stomach, over my naval, and between my naked breasts. She was inching towards my face and licking her tongue out at my chin when I finally completely freaked out.

"Hurricane , NO!" I screamed, nearly peeing my pants. I was so scared I wouldn't even think straight. She started to wrap herself around my neck and I tried flinging her but she was in too tight.

"Alright Candy. You alright. Stop screaming. Savage can't hurt you." He laughed wiping the small bite she left on my thigh, then held that damn snake by her head and forced her mouth open. "See? Just some real small teeth in there. They sharp, but they ain't poisonous. She ain't got no venom in her. And she just ate so she ain't hungry enough to squeeze you too hard."

I was holding my leg nearly passing out at the sight of blood leaving my leg. "It was a joke Candy," he insisted. "Goddamn girl. It was a joke, see. Watch this."

He lifted Savage in the air and held her mouth open again, and pressed her mouth down into his forearm. She sank in so fast I almost didn't see her move.

"Okay?" he said, holding his arm up to show me. "You feel better now that she bit me too? I told you the snake can't hurt you so now you know it's true." That fool draped Savage over one shoulder and snatched the blanket off me. "You got another interview today and you better now fucking miss it."

I rolled out of bed in a hurry. I limped into the bathroom and poured some peroxide on those little bloody dots, crying my ass off. Later that afternoon on the way to the radio station Hurricane told me I better not say nothing to nobody. "And don't be walking around here like you got shot in the leg neither. I got bit too, and you don't see my whining."

I showed Caramel my snakebite that night and she seemed uninterested.

"Oh it don't look too bad. It's just a kiss. You're such a drama queen Mya. The way you described it sounded like there was a big hole in your leg. Just put a bandaid on it."

She was lucky she was my sister. Caramel and Hurricane could both go somewhere far. That kiss from Savage was both a mark and a memory that I was going to carry with me for the rest of my life. All the way to my grave. As well as all the other hurt Hurricane caused me.
___________________________

Short I know. Just a fill. August is coming ! I'm very excited about what this is turning into and I hope you guys are too Im sorry i've been lacking in updating, I'm working on it.

Let me know how you're feeling!

Kisses 🤍

-Ronnie ❤️