In Distance But Never At Heart

Joe's Pov

It has been a tough 3 years for Dianne and myself but mostly for Dianne. Shes been battling cancer for the past 3 years and it's gone terminal. Shes been hospitalized for the last month and a half and has been given 2 months left to live. Meaning she only has a thew more weeks left.
Well that's what we thought. Until she suddenly got worse.

And now I'm sat here in the hospital room. About to say my final goodbye to the person who makes me the happiest. Diannes the reason I smile every day. It won't be the same without her. We were ment to grow old together. Have kids and watch them grow up. Get a dog and move out to the country side. But instead here we are. Sat here saying our last goodbye. It was never ment to end like this.

Nobody's Pov

" I love you dot"

" Thank you for always believing in me when I never could. Being the reason I smile. Your the first and only person to ever own my heart. It was never ment to end this way. Your only 31. We were ment to have grown old together with our own kids and then tell our grandchildren our stories.
Ill never forget the first time I saw you. Our first kiss. Our first I love you. Our first everything. Life wont be the same without you."

" I'm sorry Joey. I cant hold on. I'll always love you and I will never stop. Your the moon to my stars and the owner of my heart. Even though we wont ever have the life we wanted. I'll always be here with you. Maybe in distance but never in heart. I love you so so much. Never forget that "

"Goodbye Dot. I love you. Thank you for changing my life for the best. I'll never forget you and all the memories we had together."

"Goodbye Joey."

And with that they shared there final kiss ever.
Then the beep filled the room.

She was gone.
Forever....

//

Five years after Diannes death

You should have been 36 today.
Life isnt fair. You left to soon. Nothing has been the same since you left. Every year Zoe Alfie and me fly out to Australia for your birthday and christmas. We light the sky with fireworks to celebrate the life you lived. We have your favourite dinner each year. Your mum and dad havent been the same. They miss there dot. After you passed Andrew stopped dancing. He said it felt like he was cheating on you. I still keep in contact with the strictly pros. Every year they do a dance dedicated to you at blackpool. Amy and Gorka are always the lead. They arent the same without you. Gorka says Mia misses her Auntie Dianne. I gave her your favourite teddy that still smells like you. Gorka sends a picture every night of her in her bed cuddling it. Mia started her first year in primary school last year. You would have been so proud of her. Gorka tells her every day something new about you and all the amazing things that you did together. She has the picture of you holding her when she was only 1 day old on her bed side table. And next to that is the last picture she has with you. Gorka doesnt cope well without you. There hasnt been a day I havent got a phone call from him. Hes always crying about you. Hes not the same. He needs his sister from another mother back.
Amy had her first baby last year. So did Janette. They both made the middle name Dianne. They dont cope well either. Especially Amy. She misses you so much. Her home screen and lockscreen havent changed. It's still you and her on your first ever day of strictly. Ben also misses you. We go down to the grave together every Saturday and put some flowers down. He hasnt played fifa since you passed cause it reminds him to much of here come the girls when you would always shout at him for being to loud and getting annoyed when he didnt win. Everyone misses you so much. Johannes moved in with me last year. So did Giovanni. Every sunday we watch the results show together and have your favourite dinner and a glass of read wine then dance in the kitchen. Just like what we used to do.

Nothings the same without you.

There isnt a day I dont think about you. 

Americano sits on your side of the bed. I hug him at night. Just like what you used to do. All your clothes are still in the cupboard just where you left them. All the pictures of us are still up on the wall.
If only we could add more to the collection.
I sit and watch back old vlogs that we did. Every night Giovanni Jojo and me watch an episode of strictly that you were in.  Every christmas Jojo wraps you up a present even though you cant open it. He always uses his thomas the tank paper.
I've stopped YouTube now. It wasnt the same carrying on without you. I dyed my hair red. In memory of your own red hair. It's the same shade you dyed it that time we made the final of strictly. Those were the days. I just wish we could go back and do it all over again.

I miss you so much dot.
We all do.
Life will never be the same without you.