Niam: 3rd challenge

So this is the one shot I wrote for @jalex1214 hunger games that made me cry while writing it. Honestly so sad.. enjoy! Looking back at it just while posting this I am crying... 

Challenge:Ronan

The song Ronan by Taylor Swift is about a 4 year old boy who died from cancer. She speaks of memories with the child but she is singing it from the mom's perspective. She released the song on iTunes and all the proceeds it makes go to a cancer foundation.

Layout:The boys have a child, no older than four. Said child has a terminal disease and is basically on the verge of death.

*Niall’s POV*

I walked down the long hospital corridor, hand in hand with Liam Payne, my husband and the father of my child. Not even attempting to hide the tears running down my cheeks. Liam practically dragged me to room 317. Our little boy, why Skyler? What did he do to deserve this fate?

As we walked into 317, my heart cracked. Liam let go of my arm and I ran to the side of the bed, pushing past the doctors. 

“MOVE! THAT’S SKYLER! THAT’S MY SON! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!” I screeched at them, and pushed my way through.

“SKY! Skyler baby! Talk to me, please!” I wailed. I felt Liam wrap his strong arms around my waist, trying to soothe me by rubbing small circles into my hips. 

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Skyler..my little baby...my little dynamo flat lined. Right in front of my eyes. Liam tightened his arms around me, tensing up. I could feel his cold tears on the nape of my neck, and knew immediately he was crying. I burst into tears as doctors pushed past me, trying the defibrillator. After 5 tries, the doctor sighed.

“Write 8:43 as the time of....” He started saying before Liam jumped in, finally coming from that silent giant state.

“Finish that sentence. I. Dare. You.” He growled, trying to hide the absolute devastation in his eyes and replacing it with hatred for the man. He looked terrifying, but very good being all protective.

“Sir I am sorry, but there is nothing else we can do..” The doctor started. All traces of sadness left Liam’s eyes and was immediately replaced by a fury as hot as the sun. Oh shit this doctor was gonna get it. I could've held Liam back from committing murder, yelled at the doctor myself, or broke down in front of everyone. Instead, I stood there, feeling numb, I couldn’t process what was happening. I would never get to see Skyler grow up. I would never get to see his 10th birthday, his sweet 16, when he is driving out of the driveway by himself for the first time, his first swimming lesson, his graduation from high school or uni, His marriage, his children, his everything! All of it would never happen. He was..gone.

My Sky is dead and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I felt the tears form at the corners of my eyes, my nose prickling at the feeling. I sunk to the ground with a loud thump. Gone...He is all...gone...

I burst into tears, sobbing hysterically, not even noticing peoples stares and people judging. I don’t care anymore. My baby is dead and there is nothing I can do. I am his father! sure Liam is more fatherly and I guess I am more motherly, but I am still his father and my job is to protect him! I failed though... I let him die. I wrapped my arms around my knees, rocking back and forth. I was slowly becoming aware of Liam’s arms wrapped around me, muttering sweet nothings into my ear. 

“Shhh love, it’s ok. It is all going to be ok...” He whispered, taking over the rocking for me and simultaneously glaring at the doctor.

Eventually I gathered enough of my strength back to choke out a weak “why...” The doctor looked at me with utter confusion.