Chapter 2 Spirits

The rapiers made a metallic clang on impact.
One of the swordsmen thrust the blade into the opponent's head, but he parried the attack by cutting from below.
The attacker staggered on his feet.
When the opponent came out with a counter, the first strike was blocked, but the second time the tip of the sword touched him in the very center of the chest.

- Harry, how many times do I have to tell you?! - the man standing a bit further shouted reproachfully at the loser. - If the opponent is taller than you, then aim for the head only in the right moment, because you will either run out of an arm or simply, the opponent will block it. You, on the other hand, will be in a lost position.

- I know, I know, but I thought I could this time - said the teenager taking off his mask apologetically.

- About you, Alex. Not bad, just don't boast.

- Yes, Mr. Johnson.

The other swordsman also removed his head cover.
His golden hair, stuck with sweat, slightly flushed from the fatigue of his face, and dark blue eyes were exposed.
Alexander Clinton, who turned thirteen years ago a dozen seconds ago was training sparring with his good friend from the group at the same age, Harry Mayl.
The boy's complexion was spiced with the beginning of adolescent acne and red after physical activity like a friend's.
Medium-length brown hair was hanging from his head, and his eyes were shimmering with intense dark yellow.

- Okay kids, we're running out of time. March to the cloakroom and see you in two days - the instructor announced with a loud but calm voice.

The charges said goodbye to the gray-haired man whose wrinkles formed in circles around his eyes of various sizes.
Men's most distinctive feature was his long, pointed nose like that of a vulture.
The unpleasant appearance, coupled with the tendency to criticize and rarely praise students, has raised much controversy over assigning the most severely attention-sensitive, still child boys someone so strict.
Nevertheless, the young men developed rapidly under his watchful eye, and despite the frustration they mastered the basics at an express pace, so they could start learning more complicated movements.
In fact, during more than three years of classes, everyone trained not only the normal program, but also exercises intended for almost fifteen years of age.

- Alex, what is this old man teaching you? Nobody can defeat you - another member of the group mockingly praised Clinton.

- He just gave me a workout before I started going to school, so I 'm a little better than you, but with the fact that I can't be beat, it's a big exaggeration - goldilocks tried to explain being very embarrassed.

- Look at him. How modest he is - Mayl cut in the word, patting Edgard on the back in the process.

- By the way, blonde, you said that you would not be in sports for the next week - said black-haired scrag, following the rest of the group.

- Yes. I'm going to Japan with my parents. Mom is going to do some military business there for a day, and then we'll be exploring Tokyo.

Goldilocks, uttering these words, smiled widely, and his colleagues envied him such an exotic holiday.
He did not know why his mother was to make this trip.

- Tokyo? I heard that two years ago there was a huge spatial quake and a large part of the city is in ruins.

- I know. I checked it and it turns out they rebuilt an average of four out of five damaged buildings.

- And these are real workers. Here, when they started building the street, because the asphalt was uneven with holes, it lasted from March to November.

For the next two hours, the boy changed his workout outfit to white shorts and a white collared T-shirt.
He spent the first half of that time waiting for his father to finish work and take him home. The return itself should take much less, but the traffic jams typical of a large city made it much longer.
They finally arrived at their place of residence around 6 p.m. and were greeted on the doorstep by Elizabeth, who, due to her assigned job, returned extremely early today to have time to finish the preparations.
The boy, on the other hand, ran a few streets away after leaving the car.