|| Chapter 1 || The Beginning!

|| Before we start I would like to state that I am not the creator of HorrorTale, Sour Apple Studios is. Also this is a rewrite of a story I made on my crankypranker account. I am also not the owner of any artwork shown or Undertale! Undertale is owned by Toby Fox and others.

Thanks for reading! ||

°°°
I sit and stare outside the kitchen window waiting to see my father's white Toyota Corolla pull in with my mother and new baby brother in the front seat.

Minutes pass and I start to see the headlights come closer and pull fully into the driveway as slow as possible.

I can't help but jump up and rush to the door as an overwhelming feeling of excitement fills my five year old body. Just behind that door will be my new baby brother.

The door swings open and I frown noticing my mom, my dad and no new baby brother, instead in his place is an empty blue baby blanket with his name engraved onto it.

"Mommy?" Instead of a response they push pass me and into the living room with sunken faces.

And even though I'm young I know.. something's not right.

Since that day my mom and dad have become selfish and cruel, often forgetting they had a child before the baby. Sometimes they'd tell close friends, 'Oh, our baby died...' but they'd be talking about my brother, not me. Never me.

Now I'm sixteen, it's been eleven years, and I'm still forgotten by my parents, I've even been forgotten by the town, sadly enough I've not even been enrolled in school, instead I've learned all I know from the shows my father watches late at night on Saturday's.

I've thought about running away, but I have no one to run to. That is until one night, I learned about this mountain close by called mount Ebott! They say children who climb up it go missing, and I hope to be one of them.

I only need a few more days.

°°°
With my bag in hand I stare up at the mountain, it's a lot bigger than I remember it had been on the TV.. but that's an easy fix.

Quickly I inhale and start climbing, no one would think twice if they saw me anyway, I mean I am forgotten. They might just mistake me for a stray dog.

As I reach the top I sigh and wipe some stray sweat from my forehead as quick as I can. This is it, after an hour of climbing I finally made it to the top. And much to my satisfaction there's a gaping hole practically calling me towards it.

I take a moment to move forward and dip down so I can get a better look, the hole appears to be deep and very dark, and I can't help but start to feel nervous wondering if this is the reason why those kids never came back.

I remember overhearing the man on the TV saying monsters from underground took the kids, but what if really they lay still at the bottom of this trench? Untouched and unmoving?

I take a deep breathe in and walk forward, this is it. I'll finally see if there's a better life down there in the darkness.

°°°
I groan and lift my head up as the feeling of being in pain reaches me. Everything ached, from my head to my toes. Making me wish I'd never jumped. The good news is I'm alive, and by the looks of it there are no untouched rotting corpses. Only a creepy flower who's mostly just an eye-

Wait...

"Ah!" I jump back and wince as my wrists hit with the rocky ground, I must of hurt them during the fall.

"What are you?!" The flower- or what I presume is a flower just rolls it's eye and me and speaks.

"A flower, obviously. Can't you see by the petals?" As if rehearsed he lifts both drained of color petals and hums, tilting his head to the side like I am an idiot for even asking.

"Uh... Yeah, sure." I manage to push myself to my feet and groan, realizing that there's an imprint of my body on the ground, just goes to show how hard I really hit. Behind me is a patch of golden flowers, which seems to be laughing at me.

Unlike the flower before me these flowers are undead and the typical flower you'd see up on the surface.

Still, I wish I'd fallen on those instead of the hard dirt floor.. Gosh, it's a miracle I even survived.

"Ahem! Are you finished?" I tear my attention away from the golden patch of flowers and instead to the eye.

"Yes?" My statement comes out in more of a question as the eye just seems to blink and continue with whatever he had planned.

"I am Flowey, Flowey the flow-"

"Eyeball."

The flower growls under his breathe, "Excuse me?"

"You're an eyeball." The flower just blinks a few times my way before lifting his deflated petals.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

I can't help but smirk as the flower tilts his head to the sky and groans loudly. Oh, this will be fun.