Prologue: The Bio-War

Among the war-ravaged world of Arthoria, The Kingdom of Xon and the Realm of Lot were preparing to mass produce a new line of bio-weaponry, each striving to gain the upper-hand of the eternal war. The technology that was produced during the eternal war was unlike anything ever seen, and it was about to be advanced yet again.
The hopes of these bio-weapons were to end the stalemate that had lasted for decades. Xon created theirs with a sole purpose of destruction, quickly mass producing hundreds of feral bio-beasts. Lot's weapons were engineered in a less hasty fashion, primarily as human infantry.

However, Xon soon launched an attack with their newest creations before Lot's army could be completed. Significantly outnumbered by Xon's bio-beasts, Lot was forced to retreat and heavily fortify their innermost territories by use of an Artificial Magic Generator. Another stalemate ensued as Xon tried to break through the raised AMG barrier but to no avail. It was not too long, however, when Lot began mass producing their infantry Meta-Soldiers. Bio-human versus bio-beast clashed on the battlefield.

Several years passed, and again technology was about to make a jump in advancements. Bio-beasts were now evolutional and could quickly assimilate to new terrains and battle complexes, Lot's soldiers became more and more advanced, no longer needing programming; able to think for themselves.

To bring about a final and peaceful resolve to the war, scientists from both Xon and Lot left their respective kingdoms and went underground. Unknown to the kingdoms, they formed a group that was rumored to be known as MERLIN. The Meta-Engineering Research and Logistics INcorporation, began experimenting and attempted to produce an elite group of super soldiers capable of bringing about an end to the war by any means necessary.

Their project was known as E.X.C.A.L.I.B.U.R. or Engineered Xeno-genetics Contrived As Lethally Imbued Belligerent Unrivaled Reticents. Of the 1000 meta-soldiers, there were only 20 successful candidates to pass the prerequisite for Phase 2. Having successfully passed physical, mental, and genetic standards, they were admitted to testing; where Xeno infusion trials began. Xeno was a highly advanced genetic serum consisting of artificial DNA that would enhance their inborn abilities to beyond meta-soldier and bio-beast standards. Of those 20 candidates, there are 5 known Xeno-soldiers.

M1 / M-454 : Gally
M2 / M-596 : Gwaine
M3 / M-675 : Reks
M4 / M-782 : Perci
M5 / M-957 : Lance

Series 100, 200, 300, and 800 were written off as complete failures and discarded.

Magic capability chromosomes were introduced in the 800 and 900 series' DNA. Therefore, M-957 is hypothesized to be the only Xeno with this ability.

NB: Though M-957 has successfully been admitted to Phase 3, her magic capabilities are only a hypothesization, they have yet to be tested and yet to be proven.