Chapter 2

We went to the entrance and I felt nervous, what if they realize we have fake I.D.s? What if my mom calls, so many things could go wrong. Once we entered there was a dark hallway with two big, really big guys at the end of it. Ell grabbed my hand and squeezed it. She must know I'm nervous. I wish I wasn't so obvious sometimes, I wish I could mask my feelings, but somehow I just can't. Ell has always been able to read right through me, even at the beginning of our friendship, almost as if she knew me before, in some other life. It's been three years since we became friends, couple of months later we became best friends and we did everything together. It was an instant connection. I was snapped out of my memory lane when one of the guys asked for my bag, I gave it to him shyly, he took it quickly and opened, he pulled a flashlight out of his back pocket to look better in my bag. I felt my face redden, I think I have pads in there. He gave it to me once he was done and they moved a side so that we can get through. I was feeling even more nervous now, what kind of a place needs to examine my bag? Ell wouldn't bring me somewhere dangerous would she? She was a few  feet ahead of me since I was lost in my cloud of worry, a guy walked  past me and winked at me, I thanked God for the dim light because I blushed even more. I saw Ell from the distance waving to me and I rushed to her. She was leaning on a wall that was to the left of the stage where a band was preparing for their show. There were five of them on the stage. We were the closest to the drummer who waved at us once he saw us. I looked at Ell weirdly who laughed at my expression.                                                                                                                                                                ''That's Nolan, he's the drummer and he's really nice, and he's the one I like.''                                          I just nodded my head taking in her appearance. She had a glow in her eyes and she was smiling adorably, I was so happy for her. I looked back at the band, taking a better look at Nolan. He was an average height, he had blond hair, I couldn't see his eye color but I bet it's blue, blue eyes are Ells weak spot. I never had a 'weak' spot, or at least I think so, but then again I never really liked a guy. I would find them attractive but I've never liked-liked anyone. Ell's much different from me in that department, she's one of those who easily fall in love. She treated every guy like he was the one and when they break up, she was hurt, every single time she was hurting, but she never gave up. Couple months after moping around she stands back on her feet and she falls in love again. I always admired her for that, for having that strength. For not losing hope, for risking like that. I wish I was more like her in that way, because my insecurities and second-guessing are eating me alive. I shook my head, I don't want to think about that tonight, I removed my hand from my right hip, I didn't even notice I was touching that spot, damn me. I looked around the bar, trying to change my course of thoughts.                                                                                                                                                                The bar actually looked quite good, the hallway was the only scary part,  this where we were now was not scary. The whole place had dark bricks for walls and there were a lot of photographs, of musicians, of concerts, of places, they were all in black and white. Above us was a familiar photo, I looked at the text under to check if I was right, and sure enough it had Oasis written in bold letters. Ell caught my gaze and smiled knowingly.

 ''I told you, shit you like.''

 She said as she as she nudged me with her elbow, I pinched her and smiled at her shock once I put my fingers on her elbow.

 ''Damn you and your cold hands, how can they be so cold, it's so hot in here?!'' 

She hissed and I just shrugged my shoulders, It's been like that forever, winter or summer.