New year wish

As tradition dictated, everyone at the Sakuragi Institute helped with the deep cleaning of the place in anticipation of the new year. The professor would return later that night from his journey through Kalos, and had already promised them a feast to begin the celebration.

Fortunately, all that remained was to clean all the floors again to receive the year in a clean, fresh environment that would finally let them rest. So, with the intention of getting some fun, Satoshi and Pikachu challenged Gou and Scorbunny to see who would finish their part first. Koharu agreed to be the judge only because her verdict would be final and she could make sure things were done right.

By the time she finished cleaning the dishes she heard the screams of both boys to decide the winner. He responded to his call and began to inspect everything. Both parties were flawless and since neither of them could agree to tell him who was the first to yell that he was over, Koharu declared a tie."Take off those long faces, they're scary," he told them as he led them to the kitchen, "I made them lemonade so they can rest." You both helped me a lot today.After a well-deserved rest, the three of them got ready to go out for a walk.

 Under other circumstances Koharu would have let them play in Sakuragi Park, but he didn't want them to shovel dirt into the house just when everything was so shiny.Satoshi and Koharu were sitting on a rock near the sea while Gou was trying to catch something; Pikachu and Scorbunny played jumping between the rocks.

 Koharu would tell Satoshi about how much they liked to visit that place when they were little, and that used to get them in trouble because Gou didn't swim very well back then."So when did you learn to swim?" Satoshi asked curiously.—One day fishing, a Magikarp pulled him so hard that he put him into the sea and Gou didn't want to drop the rod because he liked that hook so much.

"It was a Squirtle hook that I won from a classmate in school," Gou explained without taking his eyes off the float waiting for some movement.Satoshi and Koharu started laughing at his intervention.Gou didn't surface and I had to go get him. She explained taking up the story and Satoshi was already quite into wanting to know all the details -. 

Fortunately, he was only a little dizzy and did not lose consciousness. The following week I found him at my swimming school. Obviously a couple of levels behind me.They both shared a laugh when they heard Gou tell him that it wasn't too bad because he only needed a float for his classes to begin with.

"We were about 5 years old back then, and we still kept getting in trouble because Gou thought he might catch something if he swam fast enough.This time, even Pikachu and Scorbunny were laughing at Gou's expense.Upon returning home, they found that Professor Sakuragi had already returned from his trip and Gou took the opportunity to show him the Pokémon that he had managed to catch that day with the help of Satoshi.

They helped the teacher to prepare industrial quantities of food to stop worrying about it and thus the last day of the year they could spend a pleasant time playing with their pokémon."With this, everything is ready regarding food," Professor Sakuragi commented as he checked the noodles that were being cooked. "Do you have everything ready?"

"Yes," Koharu commented before the rest, "I have my new kimono ready and yesterday Gou and Satoshi accompanied me to the post office to send our cards.""That's right, professor!" Gou commented excitedly. "He must have seen the huge amount of cards that Satoshi sent, it certainly caught the attention of many people.Satoshi just started scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment."It's just that I have a lot of friends all over the place." And that I could not send many postcards because my friends travel a lot and it would be impossible to guess where they will be in the New Year.

————————————————————————————~~

On the last night of December, they decided to have an early dinner and then changed clothes to visit a temple to ring in the new year. Professor Sakuragi wore his montsuki, all in a dark gray that made him look quite elegant and much taller. Gou wore his haori in dark gray and his hakama was black, Satoshi, on the contrary, wore black in his haori and his hakama was made of vertical black and white striped fabric. *After a few minutes, Koharu appeared in a pale pink kimono with cherry blossom patterns in different shades of pink and red, plus a kanzashi that helped frame her face. *

*"You look so cute," Gou and Satoshi said in unison, and it would have been an awkward situation had it not been for Professor Sakuragi completely ignored them to approach his daughter to take many pictures of her."Look Koharu, you look so beautiful in this photograph," he told her as he showed her the image on his phone screen, "I'll frame it and put it in my study."The compliments of her father made her feel very happy and satisfied with herself. But when he looked away to see his friends, their flushed faces crossed and he felt the same tingling in his cheeks that he felt at Christmas"Gou, could you do me a favor and take a picture of us?" The teacher asked him and he agreed instantly "every year I manage to have a photo with Koharu and thus keep a record of how much my little girl has grown in the year."

-Father! She complained, still dealing with the heat on his face.Afterward, the professor asked Gou and Satoshi to come over to Koharu to take their picture.

 Although in reality he took several out and at that very moment I send them all "so you can see how good they look together.".They were all walking towards the temple together and Koharu finally got a chance to converse with both of them."Do you know what you're going to want in the temple?" Gou asked him. She smiled and nodded, but when he asked her to tell her she refused saying that it might not be fulfilled if she blurted it out..When the last chime sounded and a fireworks display began, Satoshi and Gou took the moment to exchange a smile. Behind Koharu they both held hands and each rushed to kiss one of her friend's porcelain cheeks. 

The surprise of that action made his legs melt and when he wanted to take a step back, he ended up running into the hands of his friends and in the end they all ended up on the ground.The professor was very alarmed when he saw them on the ground and quickly helped them to their feet, even carrying Koharu and taking her to a less crowded place to make sure she was okay."Then I'll go get you something to drink.

 Are you sure you didn't hurt yourself?" He asked again.—Very sure Dad, Gou and Satoshi cushioned my fall.The teacher walked away quickly and the boys gave Koharu a huge mischievous smile.She smiled back at them and laced her fingers through each of them."Good thing you're not upset," Satoshi joked."We thought you would kill us," Gou confessed."I don't have to." My wish was fulfilled.