chapter one!!

hey besties💔 enjoy this true story that i made up from my own head w absolutely no help from anyone else at all😈

Let's set the scene: it's 1907, but there's advanced electricity because it's essential to the plot line obvi.
we have our protagonist: (a completely real person this time🙄) her name is ugne and she is having a ball because she's a baddie and because she can and because everybody in this story is obsessed w her so she needs to thank them for their worship.

The arched ceilings of the ballroom cast shadows on the lacquered wooden flooring, perfect for the sweet chatter of a soon to be social gathering. Mornings are always the best time of day to witness the daylight stream through the stained glass windows- they pictured endless forests, stars and yellow fire that nearly reached the ceilings.
  Imagine a room so spacious and airy, that you could fit an entire country inside, then double the size. That was the ballroom- it didn't have a name because ugne thought that it was just as special without one. (it could be referred to as an arctic monkeys shrine but so so)
  Long tables were pushed to the cream walls, littered with silver platters and an extensive collection of champagne bottles as champagne is an essential addition to any event. Obviously.
Tiny cakes iced with constellations and music notes, filled with rose petals and dusted with gold, lay in wait of demolishment. ( i love that word)
  Ugne's mansion was the envy of the entire land; she was no royal but the entire land bowed down to her. (as they should tbh)Her wardrobe was rumoured to be worth more than the entire national bank, not to mention a fully working zoo that inhabited the most exotic breeds on the earth. Of course no zebraffe could compare to her mighty lioness, paws, who had a tendency to bite her a lot, but we move.
  Moving on, she awoke to the sound of music, a song that sounded suspiciously like crying lighting, which wouldn't be released for another 109 years, oh well. Her breakfast was delivered on a silver platter, similar to those in the ballroom.
'Breakfast, your grace' - said matt, the butler, who was also good on the drums, definitely not a coincidence.
'Put it down on the dressing table'
'The quests will begin to arrive soon, your grace, don't you thin-'
'No, i don't, you can leave'🙏
'Good morning, your grace'
'To you too, matt'
Ugne's dress, especially crafted for tonight's ball, complete with a jewelled sword to threaten people with, hung from her wall. What a baddie. She got dressed, fixed her hair, maybe some knee socks to finish it off? of fucking course. She knew that she didn't even have to try, everybody who saw her instantly fell in love with her and put her life above all else, so might as-well take advantage of those naive followers. (such an icon)
The rest of the day was spent completing daily singing sessions for her devoted fans - as i said, she's practically famous. As every minute passed, the sun set lower in the sky until it disappeared completely, leaving a looming backdrop for the gaggle of high society couples and their sticky little children to pour through the oakwood double doors of ugne's mansion.
Shrouds of fairy lights and hanging vines dangled from the ceiling, the ballroom almost exactly resembled a moonlit garden, brushed with the purest of magic. It was like taking a dip in someone's daydreams. (i'm so creative wow)Everybody was going to adore it, almost as much as they would adore ugne's grand entrance. The clock in the gallery chimed 7. Let the festivities begin😤