One

I woke up feeling numb, my stomach had felt something that I never felt before, like someone punched me with all their force. I felt rocks under me, it's pitch black, I am staring at the darkness too long, making me feel someone is staring right back at me. Where am I?  I thought.

I got up and felt a sudden hand touch my ankle, I quickly yanked my leg away and ran and ran and ran, but I couldn't see anything. It felt as if I had died and now...nothing...nothing is going to happen to me.

I felt emotional, regretful, numb, fear, and nauseous. I felt as everything had torn apart. Like someone had literally pulled out my heart.

I started crying knowing that there is no way out,  I crunch in my legs and stayed like that for a while until I saw a light beaming from above.  I immediately hovered my hand over my eyes over the brightnest of it.

Is it my time?  For me to be?  Just take me!  I thought. I began to feel the beam rise me into the air and my legs now hovering over the ground seeing people crawling towards the one spot of light. 

It looked like they were hurt, and suffering. I wanted to help,  but yet, was scared of what would happen if I did.  I looked up and saw a hand reaching out for my hand, I grabbed the hand, the coldness I felt, as if they were touching snow for hours.

I started questioning why this had happened, why was I here? Who were those people? I closed my eyes for a brief moment, and opened, and saw mirrors all over, ever where I looked, I saw me.

I could tell that I had been through a lot by the way my messy hair covered my dirty face. And my ripped up jeans that have been covered in dirt. But when I looked at my arm,  I saw bruises and cut marks.

I have been cutting for a while, when my sister, Lysette wouldn't talk to me anymore because of her friends and her boyfriend being jerks to her, which I don't blame her for ignoring me, but she hasn't been talking lately, which makes me worry about her.

And my scare from my mother that had a real depressed time in my life. I remember her getting back from work and had been very upset when my dad said that he wanted a divorce. She got real angry and started beating herself up, but then ending up beating me.  Knowing that I wouldn't tell and that she wanted to get all her hurting to someone else, knowing how she feels.

Just remembering that day makes me sad...yet... angry. I started crying and breaking the class of the mirrors, I pounded and they started breaking...just like my heart. I cried and saw the broken mirror in front of me, and realized that, I need to make another chapter in my life, without re-reading the last chapter.

I started beating up the mirrors again trying to find a way out,  and saw a crack that had bright bright light coming out. Very bright, real bright that it would blind you by one glance.