Chapter Five.

Tyler's Point of View

This place, wherever I am, whatever it is, it's nice. Everything is perfect, the weather, the scenary, the way I look, the way I feel. It's almost as if I'm infinite, that nothing can bring me down, nothing can hurt me anymore. I don't know if that's true, but that's sure how it feels, and it's a great feeling.

This isn't Heaven, I'm pretty sure of that, and it isn't Hell, at least, it doesn't seem like it. It's weird; I'm all alone here, I haven't seen anyone else around, there's no one else here, but it doesn't feel like it, I don't feel lonely, I feel happy, free.

It's beautiful here, spacious, the sky is bright, the air fresh and clean, the grass a lush green color, gorgeous flowers cover the vast expanse of Earth, or whatever this is. I wander around, day in and day out, taking it all in, stopping to smell the roses, taking time to appreciate the beauty that doesn't truly exist elsewhere, at least, not in the same capactiy. No one would understand what this is like. They wouldn't believe that here, everything is okay, but it is, it's peaceful, everything is simple, there is nothing to worry about.

I like it here, a lot, I didn't at first, I was scared, unsure, afraid to be alone, but then, something changed, I got comfortable, I found the beauty in the place, beauty like I've never seen before, and here, I don't feel any pain, physically or emotionally, I'm always happy, always content, like I've always wanted to be for so long.

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever leave this place, if I'll ever return to my old life, or if I'll pass on to the next place, wherever that may be, I have no idea what will happen next. Part of me, though, wants to stay here forever, to never leave. There's a reason behind that; there's something keeping me here, pulling me in, not wanting to let me go.

Memories. Memories of my life. They're everywhere.

They play before me like movies, the details so clear, it's almost like I'm living them again. The memories, they're always good memories, the best ones, the ones that make me smile thinking about them, the ones that make me happy. And most of them, they involve Austin, in one way or another, and even here, wherever I am, it still makes my heart race, pound inside my chest thinking about him, about how he makes me feel, still to this day.

As I walk through the flowers, the dress i'm wearing flowing in the light breeze, my dark hair wrapping around my face, I see something ahead of me, another memory, another flashback, forming before my eyes, and I run towards it, wanting to relive every moment. It's this, seeing all of these scenes unfold before me, that makes me want to stay, because watching them, I feel content, happy, whole.

My lips upturn in a smile, I knew what I was about to watch. It feels like it was so long ago, another lifetime almost, and in a way it was, I was so different then, so broken, so damaged, and it was then my life changed, though I didn't know it yet.

I flipped the light on and screamed a little as I came face to face with a very tall stranger, covered in tattoos, who was rummaging through the cabinets, grabbing bottles of alcohol.

"Woah," he said as he set down the bottle he was clutching and threw his hands up in the air in defense.

"Who are you?" I questioned as I eyed him.

"Um...I'm Austin...uhh...Josh's friend," he muttered quickly. I let out a deep breath, lowering the guitar to the floor, my heart pounding in my chest. "Wait...were you going to bludgeon me with a guitar?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow at me, biting his bottom lip as he tried not to laugh.

"I was prepared to! You scared the shit out of me! I thought I was home alone!" I replied, trying to catch my breath. He was silent for a moment and I watched him subtly look me up and down. It was then I realized what I was wearing: a sports bra and a pair of really short runnning shorts. I faked coughed as I felt myself blush, and I turned to walk back to my room.